Saturday, October 14, 2023

I’m Not An Otome Game Protagonist!: Volume 1, Chapter 1

 


NOTE: Due to my hidden disability, I’m changing things up on this weekly post to reflect that. It's my way to hold myself accountable for what I need to do going forward. I'll be busy on Sunday morning, so I’m posting this before Saturday night's Super GT race broadcast. — Robzilla.

HOW I’M FEELING

Confident. After two weeks on this journey, I’m getting the results I want. 

THE FITBIT ARIA SAYS…

I lost 4.8 pounds this week, and my cumulative weight loss is 9.8 pounds. Yay!

THE SATURDAY NIGHT SIN MEAL

A New York strip steak brushed with A1 steak sauce, and seasoned French fries with ketchup. I earned this feast.



THE WEEKLY RETAIL THERAPY REPORT

This showed up on my front porch this morning. In case you can’t read the title, it’s Akiba Maid War on Blu-Ray. I also bought silicone medical alert tags for my Fitbit Charge 5 and my watch that’s gathering dust. I'm too cultured to wear a chain mail bracelet for first responders.

WHO DESERVES TO BE SLAPPED, OR ALTERNATELY…

*Phone beeps*

“Hello. This is… Sparkletts. Calling to remind you we’ve rescheduled your Thursday delivery for Saturday without notification…”

Sparkletts bought a locally owned water company named PureFlo five years ago and their service has been a fuck nugget fiesta ever since. I canceled my account, which equates to giving them two middle fingers. I refuse to drink feral animal piss (Sierra or Sparkletts) as a substitute for deep well holy water, among other things that bothered me for the past several months.

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

Everyone that had kind words for me during the past week. Sometimes I have brief mental health struggles with everything that’s happening, including the things I can’t say publicly. I want to let y’all know a kind word goes a long way. Thanks, everyone.

WHAT MADE ME SMILE

The numbers recorded by my new blood glucose meter since I started using it Friday night. I’m pleasantly surprised my hard work is immediately paying off, and now I look forward to getting my blood work done at the end of the year.

WHAT’S THE LATEST ON MY WRITING?

I’m editing my Super Outline whenever I come up with a new idea, such as how I’ll write a chapter or scene. It’s the calm before NaNoWriMo, but I can't slack off. October goes by so fast...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss and the improvement on the numbers. You must be working really hard on this. Good for you, keep it up my friend. It seems there is so much going on all over the world and so many people are struggling and hurting. It does make it hard to stay positive sometimes, but we have to. We have to find the small joys that make living worthwhile. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you have a great week as well. To be honest, it really doesn't feel like work now that there's a chronic condition involved. In the past, it was just a wish to be healthier than I was. Now the stakes are raised, so I find it easier to make food choices.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I got you ! I am very glad you have returned; I was sad there.

    ReplyDelete