Sunday, October 29, 2023

I’m Not An Otome Game Protagonist!: Volume 1, Chapter 3

 


HOW I’M FEELING PHYSICALLY

My body has adapted well to the increase in physical activity. If only my sinuses would allow me to get a consistent full night’s rest, I’d feel almost perfect.


HOW I’M FEELING MENTALLY

I’m in a good place as long as I’m not thinking about my favorite NFL team, useless politicians, or an endless war that I’m too old to fight.


THE BLOOD GLUCOSE METER SAYS…

Fasting (average): 92 mg/dl

2 hours after a meal (average): 116 mg/dl

Only a point higher than last week’s average, and none of my tests were outside of the normal range. 


THE BATHROOM SCALE SAYS…

The past two weeks: -5.6 lbs 

Cumulative: -15.4 lbs.

I’m currently replacing fat with muscle so losing anything is a win. FYI, last week’s reading was discarded. It’s highly unlikely I lost 14 pounds last week and regained 9 of them.



THE SATURDAY (AND SUNDAY) NIGHT SIN MEAL

Thin crust margherita pizza. Spo should recognize this one sold at Uncle Albertson's.

Believe it or not, half of that pie and a cranberry walnut salad are only 61 grams of carbs, one over my meal limit. I wanted to see how my BG was two hours after consuming it, and the results were… normal. 

I’m thrilled because I’m having the other half of that pizza and a salad for dinner tonight.


WHAT I LISTENED TO

Various music playlists on YouTube Music. I listen to them either while working out or driving Akeno on errands, but I’m avoiding the Coffee Shop Blend playlist in the future. I don’t like listening to depressing music. At. All.



WHAT I READ

I received two books on my front porch on Tuesday, but I only got to read Rent-A-Girlfriend, Volume 21 before today. Things seem to be heading toward a new story arc for Chizuru, our rental girlfriend cover girl, and of course it ended on a cliffhanger.

It’s not perfect by any means (aka get your shit together Kazuya and tell Chizuru you love her!) but I’m too far invested to jump off what’s been a pleasurable ride since the early days of the pandemic.


WHO DESERVES TO BE SLAPPED

2A advocates. I’m a good guy and I’m tired of their histrionics. 

A one-person army that could singlehandedly overthrow Catalina Island is not defined as a well regulated militia, so they need to shut the fuck up about owning weapons of war. If life were GTA Online, then let me have my favorite murder weapon that’s based on the Mk 48 machine gun. For protection reasons, of course.

If past history is a guide, the only way we’ll ever see meaningful gun control legislation in our lifetimes is when white people become scared shitless of People of Color (any color, BTW) exercising their 2A rights. Especially the open carry part. If you don’t believe me, read up on the Black Panthers here in California back in 1967.

There. I said what needed to be said on the topic. Moving on…


WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

Anyone attempting NaNoWriMo. It’s an accomplishment to write 50,000 words in 30 days, or roughly 1,667 words a day. It’s not for the faint of heart, especially for those that have a job or are enrolled in school. 

If you need some unsolicited advice, here it is. If you’re attempting NaNoWriMo, don’t worry about the quality of your writing. First drafts are supposed to suck. Just concentrate on getting the words onto the page. Editing them is when the magic (and other positive and negative emotions) happens.


WHAT MADE ME SMILE

I went stabby, stabby on a clown. Before you applaud me or call the cops on me, let me explain.

Halloween is celebrated in GTA Online. There’s UFOs to photograph for extra cash. There’s pumpkins on porches that give you treats or tricks. There’s masks to wear and special vehicles to purchase to get yourself and your character in the mood. It’s quite festive, which makes GTAO fun to play for hours at a time.

There’s also some scary people running around the state of San Andreas with murderous intent. 

One such fellow is a Pennywise looking clown that inhabits the big city of Los Santos. He has vexed me during the past two holidays. Guns and melee weapons like a machete and a baseball bat were useless against him. Recently I learned how to use a Bowie knife in hand to hand combat, and a few days ago I easily took him down. As long as I time my attacks perfectly, I feel confident I can go toe to toe with anyone in close quarters now.


WHAT’S THE LATEST ON MY WRITING?

I made a change to my Super Outline to simplify the main character’s story arc the other day, and I feel really good about the results. I’m basically ready to go at midnight on Tuesday/Wednesday. I’ll do my due diligence and read the outline one last time this afternoon to make sure everything is plotted out the way I want it.

Then I can relax... until the next time my GTAO character sees a clown or her clone!

2 comments:

  1. That is Someone's favorite pizza! It's his go-to late night eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very tasty, but I learned it raises blood glucose for an extended period of time. My morning readings after I had it for dinner the prior evening were 10 points higher than they usually are. Nothing to be concerned about, but it was something new I learned about having pizza.

      Delete