I’m Not An Otome Game Protagonist!: Volume 1, Chapter 4

 

HOW I’M FEELING

I’m tired of living out my version of Groundhog Day. Read on for the deets.


THE BLOOD GLUCOSE METER SAYS…

Fasting (average): 92 mg/dl

2 hours after a meal (average): 116 mg/dl

My averages are unchanged from last week, which is great news.


THE FITBIT ARIA SAYS…

This week: -2.4 lbs

Cumulative: -17.8 lbs.

The weight loss was surprising since...


THE WEEKLY WORKOUT REVIEW 

I increased the time and intensity of my weight training workouts. For each exercise, I’m doing five sets of twelve reps with different weights. I still ride the recumbent bike for 24 minutes 3x a week, but I increased the tension of the flywheel by a click without any issues.


THE SATURDAY NIGHT SIN MEAL 

I went back to a New York strip steak and steak fries this week.


THE WEEKLY RETAIL THERAPY REPORT 

I bought a travel case to protect my T2D shit. There’s loops for a pen and my lancing device, a pouch for the testing meter, and a slide pocket for spare batteries and my log book. If I needed additional tools of the trade, there’s pockets and loops for those too.

There’s also a zippered compartment on the bottom left I’m calling “my pouch of little pricks”, which holds my lancets.


WHAT I LISTENED TO

I stumbled upon a playlist called Windows-Down EDM (Electronic Dance Music) on YouTube Music Wednesday morning. I thought it was the perfect mix of upbeat tunes to listen to while riding the recumbent bike. The artists included Tiesto, Kaskade and DJ Licious.


WHAT I READ

I’m muddling through a physical copy of the light novel Date A Live, Volume 10. I’ve been too busy with things to lie down and read it for any meaningful length of time. I’ll likely finish it before I go to bed on Sunday night.


WHAT DESERVES TO BE KILLED

The insidious flower bug responsible for my latest visit to the urgent care clinic and the current round of antibiotics and creams I have to use to combat the infections. By the time you read this, I’ll likely have sprayed the interior of my home with Mighty Mint to help get rid of this nuisance that invaded my home by latching onto my skin while I did yard work.


WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis even though he really needs to do something about that bowl haircut!


WHAT STILL MAKES ME SMILE

The surprise firing of Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler. Talk about a Halloween night treat! 


WHAT’S THE LATEST ON MY WRITING?

Through Saturday night, I’ve written just over 11,000 words and ten chapters. Once I finish writing the next chapter I’ll officially be 20% completed with the first draft.

Comments

  1. Hope you're doing ok. I've never heard of a flower bug but that doesn't sound good. I hope the rest of your week is better. Great job on the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That bug packs quite a bite for its size. It's only a few cm wide but it hurts almost as much as a bee sting. I noticed you didn't post anything this weekend. I hope all is well over there.

      Delete
  2. I just posted a little bit ago. It wasn't one of my best weeks but hopefully things will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your industry and perseverance. Good for you Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment