I’m Not An Otome Game Protagonist!: Volume 1, Chapter 7

HOW I’M FEELING PHYSICALLY

This was my first full week of exercise in awhile, and the sore muscles throughout my body are proof I didn’t slack off.

HOW I’M FEELING MENTALLY

I’m refreshed after taking a short break from writing. I’ll never write for 19 days in a row again, that’s for sure.

THE BLOOD GLUCOSE METER SAYS…

Fasting (average): 94 mg/dL

2 hours after a meal (average): 115 mg/dL

My fasting average is higher due to Thanksgiving and the sin objects I had a couple of nights. As long as that number doesn’t creep up any higher it’s no big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

THE FITBIT ARIA SAYS…

This week: -2.0 lbs

Cumulative: -22.0 lbs.

It’s nice when this result is the new normal. I might have to shop for new clothes in a smaller size soon.

THE HOLIDAY SIN OBJECTS

For some people, Jesus is the reason for the season. I know the season is the reason for the existence of Ghirardelli’s peppermint bark chocolates. I proudly own a bag, and I’ll do my best to limit myself to two squares a week.

Is it Tuesday yet?

THE WEEKLY RETAIL THERAPY REPORT 

I bought this beautiful Raiders flag to non-verbally reply to Chargers fans “bless their hearts” when they tell me my team sucks. Or to remind them they’ll never have their own championship flag to fly on game day now that the Spanos Family’s Reign of Error is on its third generation. Either explanation works.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Stephen Curry was this week’s guest on the Smartless podcast, and I had almost forgotten he’s a better human being than he is a basketball player. It’s impossible to hate him, even after he sinks a 3-point shot to beat your team at the buzzer. 

WHAT I READ

I’m finishing up High School DxD, Volume 12, but like the prior volume I can’t give the deets. If there’s a Season 5 of the anime series, I can tell you the end of the first episode would have a shocking plot twist that would make fans very sad.

WHO DESERVES TO BE SLAPPED

Me. I attempted to brew coffee without the coffee two mornings in a row.

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

Champion Brodie Kostecki. Saying that confirms you don’t need to be a factory backed team to win an Aussie Supercars championship. This means Betty Klimenko, who looks like she’d kick your ass at a biker bar but is one of the nicest people you’d ever meet, joins an exclusive club: women that own a championship racing team. 

It’s a remarkable feat when you consider that Erebus Racing had no drivers or sponsors just after New Year’s 2021.

WHAT MADE ME SMILE

Derek Chauvin was stabbed in prison. I celebrated the good news by redoing The Prison Contract in GTA Online, where in the finale my character broke into a prison and assassinated a handful of inmates in the central yard area.

WHAT MADE ME LAUGH

When my brother told my sister he played Yahtzee with me for the first time, she was like “What’s a Yahtzee?!” I found it both shocking and amusing that the game has been around since before both of them were born.

WHAT’S THE LATEST ON MY WRITING?

After a well deserved three-day break, I wrote half of a chapter yesterday before I was summoned for an impromptu yard work session by family members. This morning I’ll finish that chapter and start the next one.

Comments

  1. I LOVE Smartless. I started at the beginning and have just now in January 2023.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love listening to the podcast when I ride the recumbent bike on Monday mornings. Oh, hey. Guess what tomorrow is?

      Delete
  2. coffee without coffee at least opens up the possibility for tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I had tea on hand. My stash was amongst the casualties when I cleared out my cupboard the day of my diagnosis.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a nice week. That's funny about your sister. I thought everyone knew what Yahtzee is. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was funny, too. I thought everyone had heard of Yahtzee after ESPN hired Kenny Mayne.

      Delete

Post a Comment