Turkey Day Thoughts

 

I want to thank everyone for visiting my little corner of the world. It's an honor to be part of such a wonderful blogging community. I hope your loved ones and you have a joyous day today.

Yes, I'm having that frozen Hungry Man dinner tonight. With 55 grams of carbs and enough sodium to make me retain water for Saturday's weigh in, I wonder what my blood sugar will be two hours after its consumption as well as the following morning.

Don't feel sorry for me for spending the holiday alone. After my father died, us survivors agreed to stop having holiday meals together. It's too much work in the kitchen to feed so few. Besides, back when we had more family members alive our dinners were the unscripted versions of what you saw on The Jerry Springer Show in the 90s. I'm too old for that shit.

Today is also the day when it's okay to put up the Christmas tree, start streaming holiday music, and laugh at people fighting over an $89 65" big screen TV that's going to last two years tops. 

I know I'd be stating the obvious here but I'm thankful I stopped working retail two decades ago, back when everyone closed their stores on this special day.

For those who celebrate, Happy John Madden Appreciation Day! I know there's gotta be at least one other person besides me that's thinking about the late, legendary Oakland Raiders coach and CBS broadcaster today.


Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving my friend!! Sounds like a wonderful plan for the day. The old football players and coaches were the best weren't they? Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope you & your family had a great Thanksgiving as well.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving RJ!!! I'm so spent and heading to bed with everyone now gone. Cooked for a day and a half, ate and drink way to much...but it was worth it for the 9 people here. I may be up by 1pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm glad you had fun yesterday. Hopefully you don't wake up with a hangover. Those get nastier as we get older.

      Delete
  3. Spending the day alone is my norm these past few decades; it has its charms.
    I am thankful for having you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving itself means nothing to me, per se, but since we met and became friends with the BFJ and his Hubby, they have made it a special event each year and we now look forward to it muchly. I'm glad you're my orbit RG!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Maybe someday when I don't have to be worried about COVID I'll know what that feels like.

      Delete

Post a Comment