Saturday, December 23, 2023

I’m Not An Otome Game Protagonist!: The Festivus Edition

 

NOTE: This week’s post is in two parts. Keep reading past the Festivus stuff. — Robzilla.

THE FESTIVUS POLE

I’d love to buy a fancy Festivus pole with LED lights on its base, but I hear they also call those "fitness poles". The only people I've seen use them teeter on five-inch stilettos, so that's not happening.

I'll settle for the flag pole on my front porch that flies my Raiders flags on game day. It's less hassle, and I don't have to worry about carrying dollar bills folded lengthwise.

THE FESTIVUS HOLIDAY MEAL

With my dietary changes, it’s pointless to make a meat loaf. I’ll cook a boneless rib eye for dinner, as usual.

THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES

Even though I’ve been through a lot this year, I don’t have any grievances outside of Tang Hitler. More on him later.

Let’s not let this tradition go to waste. If you have any grievances, please feel free to use the comments to let us all know what’s on your mind!

THE FESTIVUS MIRACLE

I didn’t do any retail therapy this week. I bought the GTA Online soundtrack celebrating West Coast Classics's ten-year anniversary, but that was only $8.99 so it shouldn't count.

THE FEAT OF STRENGTH

Sadly, Terri isn’t around anymore to sit on my chest and pin me down with her huge paws while I’m lying on my bed or sofa. I guess this year’s holiday ends when I pass out, right?

***

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

My numbers are fine, and I lost one pound. I can’t help but wonder if I’m plateauing or if the stress of the holiday season is the reason why I’m no longer losing two pounds a week. Time will tell once the holidays end.

This week is an important one. After Christmas, I’ll have blood work done. I’ll also treat myself to a very sinful lunch that same day to celebrate the hard work I’ve done during the past three months. I deserve it.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Anything but Christmas songs. I’m not in the holiday spirit this year. For that matter, no one I know outside the blog is feeling jolly either. 

WHAT I WATCHED

Zom 100: Bucket List Of The Dead. After a long delay, the final three episodes of its first season will air on Christmas Day. I’m in the middle of rewatching the first nine episodes to refresh my memory before the zombies eat my brain.

WHAT MADE ME SMILE 

My personal growth as a writer. I’ll explain at the end of this post.

WHO DESERVES A PRISON SENTENCE

Tang Hitler for his rhetoric. I have no interaction with that orange fat fuck, so let’s leave him out of this.

The real problem is his crazy acolytes. They have been fed the belief that brown people, regardless of immigration status, should be in internment camps. Some of those people live within a few houses of my place, and my street is practically sprinkled in Tajin if you feel me.

Do I need to exercise a certain Constitutional right and own a pistol and a shotgun “for protection” purposes? I’d rather leave that stuff to my GTA Online character, but I fear for my family’s safety.

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP AND A “ME TOO”

Anyone that's struggled during this holiday season. If you’re one of those people, you’re not alone.

I’ve had my own issues during the past month, and those negative feelings are artificially enhanced as a side effect of Metformin. It’s another reason why I want my hidden disability to go into remission. I want off this (sometimes) crazy train of emotions.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY WRITING

I’m in awe of how a new outline has transformed my story, and I haven’t even started the edits yet.

A handful of “one scene” characters will have larger roles in the story. It shouldn’t be too much work to graft them into the existing scenes as needed.

A few chapters I wrote will be eliminated. I deemed them unnecessary. In their place, a handful of new scenes will be written to enhance what remains of the first draft.

I'll continue working on the outline here and there for the next week, and then the edits begin on New Year's Day. How long that will take is anyone's guess.

8 comments:

  1. Festivus for the rest of us! I loved that episode. With TBG's health issue and the way the world is going right now it is a bit difficult to be very cheery this year for me. I'm not looking forward to an election year either. But, what can you do?
    You're really doing a great job with your health. You deserve a weekly treat. We had a steak the other night and it was delish!!
    Thank you for the cute Christmas card. It brought a smile when I opened it.
    Stay safe and enjoy the weekend. I think it's time you found a new fur friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the card got there in time. Mail delivery where I'm at is spotty. I think I've had mail delivered one day in the past week.

      Delete
    2. Oh no. Did my card come to you?

      Delete
    3. If anyone has sent mail to me in the last ten days, it hasn't arrived yet. It happens every year. :-(

      Delete
  2. Why, I haven't heard anybody mention Festivus in a few years now. But I know I'd like you shove a Festivus pole right up tang backside. See I can be polite this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I've said offline... when life give you lemons, return them as suppositories!

      Delete
  3. Sweetpea, you are FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC! Writing, revising, editing while dealing with all you've had going on in the short time I've known you here in Blogville is beyond impressive. Happy, Happy, and Merry, Merry, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete