Sunday, December 3, 2023

I’m Not An Otome Game Protagonist!: Volume 1, Chapter 8

HOW I’M FEELING 

My body is fatigued, but it’s only because I exerted myself while exercising on Friday and Saturday. I’m sure I’ll be fine with a little extra rest in the coming days.

THE BLOOD GLUCOSE METER SAYS…

Fasting (average): 94 mg/dL

2 hours after a meal (average): 115 mg/dL

Same rolling averages as last week, so that made me happy.

THE FITBIT ARIA SAYS…

This week: -2.2 lbs.

Cumulative: -24.2 lbs.

More good news on the weight front.

WHERE I WENT

I visited my long time friend and and got him hooked on Akiba Maid War. He enjoyed it so much that when I left after the fourth episode he kept watching it.

The trip also reminded me why I bought Akeno in the first place. She’s a very nice car to take a long cruise in, and her comfortable seats are even more so now that I’m a smaller size.

THE SATURDAY SIN SNACK

When I visited my friend, I had a Twinkie as a midday snack. It was a real test to see how I’m doing health wise, and believe it or not it didn’t affect my blood glucose readings when I tested myself about five hours later. 

I probably won’t do that again anytime soon, though. Sugar blocks your body from burning fat.

WHAT I WATCHED THAT MADE ME SMILE

I finally watched Bye Bye Barry on Amazon Prime Video a few nights ago. Do I think Barry Sanders is the best running back of all time? He’s definitely up there with Jim Brown, that’s for sure. 

What’s not up for debate is how his running style influenced my driving in video games like Need For Speed or GTA Online. When I evade cops, mercenaries or criminals, my car will do the automotive equivalent of breaking people’s ankles with how I abruptly move laterally or change directions. That’s why I tell myself, “Drive like Barry runs” so I can be elusive just like him.

WHAT I READ

Life With An Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated As A Total Fantasy Knockout, Volume 2. Even though I’ve already seen the anime based on the first few volumes of this manga series, I’ve latched onto it because I’m dying to know if Jinguji likes his childhood friend Hinata as more than a drinking buddy, and if so if gender really matters between them.

WHO DESERVES TO BE INVESTIGATED

The 114 Republicans that voted not to expel George Santos. When people vote against overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing, they must be doing questionable things behind the scenes themselves.

WHAT’S THE LATEST ON MY WRITING?

I only wrote 1,109 words on Friday, but it was an important chapter. It begins Cassie’s transition from her Act II self. Or as I like to call it, the “crash and burn” phase of her life. This process will cover a handful of chapters, and I hope I can do her justice by the time she puts her life on the right track during Act III.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to spend some time with your friend. That is always important. I can't even remember the last time I had a Twinkie. Maybe 35 years or more. I'm glad you're doing well on taking care of yourself. You're doing great. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I found another reason not to do a Twinkie ever again. My BG was higher than normal this morning. Not high enough to be alarmed, but noticeable enough to get my attention. I'm assuming that kind of sugar lingers in my system overnight.

      Delete
  2. Good news on the health front. Like Lori, I cannot remember the last time I had a Twinkie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I told my friend I won't have one of those again anytime soon. Maybe I'll have a slice of red velvet cake instead sometime in March.

      Delete