Wednesday, January 10, 2024

(Not) Wordless Wednesday: MyIntent

A few years back, when Tang Satan was better known as Orange Foolius, I was moved to buy a token from MyIntent. I immediately put it on a 28" silver rope necklace but admittedly I haven't worn it in quite some time. I stumbled upon it while rummaging through my jewelry box for a Fitbit sports band the other day, and I've been wearing it every day since.

Sector 2814. Sassybear is likely the only one who knows what this means so I'll give y'all a brief explanation. In DC Comics's Green Lanterns, the galaxy is broken up into different sectors. Earth and its associated planets, both real and fictional, are part of Sector 2814. 

While Sassy is like Hal Jordan and his power ring glows green for law and order, I'm more like Guy Gardner and my power ring is crimson red with fury. I'm no villain, but I'm not above getting my hands a little dirty if it's for a good cause such as protecting others.

Even though I've mellowed with retirement, being a Red Lantern is like being part of the Las Vegas Raiders or Raider Nation as Atrocitus will attest...


If I see injustice, I will gladly kick it in the teeth. That is MyIntent.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE any references on your blog to the Lantern's, and love that we have that connection of same sector/different emotional spectrum. 2814 will always mean something to me, and I love that people not-in-the know have no idea what it's for. Maybe it's time to start expanding our blogger rainbow corp?

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete