Wednesday, February 14, 2024

(Not) Wordless Wednesday: Singles Awareness Day

I'm unattached, and Terri and Torrie are no longer with me. This is the first Valentine's Day in forever that I'm truly alone, but I had Miku accompany me on a little road trip in Gran Turismo 7. 

We started our journey under cloudy skies in the Gaslamp Quarter, a place Comic Cons fans know well.

We made a stop at Port Campbell. If you Google that, then you already know Miku and I headed to...

...what the locals call Straya! Specifically, we visited Mount Panorama to run some practice laps. The Liquid Moly Bathurst 12 Hours endurance race is this weekend, and I'm assuming you can watch practice and the race itself for free on YouTube Thursday through Saturday.


This is us exiting Hell's Corner, the first turn before we head up Mountain Straight.

Any visit to Mount Panorama's race track/public roads requires posting a screenshot from Brock's Skyline, the top of the mountain, before we begin our descent.

Forrest's Elbow isn't just one of the trickiest corners in racing. It's home to a very affluent neighborhood filled with people who are living out a motor sports fan's dream. If you have about $2 million US to spare on a new residence, there's this property listing just outside the turn to gawk at. Considering $2 million might get you a tract four bedroom house under 2,000 square feet in the more affluent San Diego neighborhoods, the novelty of having a home address with Conrod Straight in the name is a steal in my eyes.

Even though I'm "alone" for the consumer holiday, I'll show myself some love for dinner tonight. Remember that broccoli crust pizza I had for the Super Bowl? It was surprisingly one of the tastiest frozen pizzas I've ever had in my life. 

When I cooked mine, I pulled it out of the oven with about three minutes left in its cooking time. I topped it with half of a diced roma tomato and then put it back in the oven. After I put the pie on a cutting board to rest, I sprinkled parsley and parmesan cheese on it. 

I'm guessing those little extras I added improved its flavor profile. I now want this on the regular provided it doesn't hinder my weight loss efforts.

That's all I got for now. Go enjoy the "holiday"!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day my friend!! Consumer driven holiday is right. I saw how much Americans were expected to spend on the day and it was some ridiculously high amount. I'm glad you found a good pizza that is a bit more healthy. Doctoring it up a bit probably did help. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and TBG have a great Valentine's Day as well! Tell Binx I said hello.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to give that pizza a try.

      Sassybear
      https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

      Delete