Thursday, February 22, 2024

That One Time I...

 ...Bought Kirkland Gasoline.

When I named my car after High School DxD's Akeno Himejima, I knew I had to take care of her just like I did Harley, the flame red 2001 Dodge Motorsports Dodge Intrepid ES that I lovingly owned until she was rear ended by some jackass late to work from their lunch break. 

Weather permitting, I get Akeno washed once a month. I'll clean the interiors as needed. I get her maintenance done on time, and early if I can. She deserves to be treated like a queen, and I refuse to let her run on bargain priced gasoline. I've always put Chevron's supreme in her tank, but now that the price is inching back to $5.50 a gallon I felt it was time to put my Costco membership to good use. 

This morning, at roughly six o'clock to avoid the monstrous midday lines, I filled up her tank with $4.86 a gallon supreme gas. I have heard nothing but good things about Costco, so I'm curious to see if Akeno's gas mileage and turbo boost are similar to how she runs on Chevron. Only time will tell, and with how little I drive I won't know until March how she does. Please wish us both luck.

P.S.: I have no idea who did that Akeno fan art above but the term yamato nadeshiko came to mind when I saw it.

5 comments:

  1. Our gas here is creeping up again but not as high as yours. I hope you're enjoying the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything's good so far, and I hope yours is going well too.

      Delete
  2. I agree...our gas in nowhere near that high. I paid $4.05 last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I don't remember the last time when gas was $4.05. We get raped for everything out here.

      Delete