Saturday, February 3, 2024

What Happened To Me?!: Volume 1, Chapter 5

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Are we done yet? I thought the clinic was finished with my blood sample but another test was ordered midweek. That one yielded normal results, but at this point I don’t know if I should be relieved or freaking out.

I'm officially retired! I look forward to my spam folder being less bloated going forward. As of Thursday, my insurance license expired.

WHAT I ATE

2 ounces of Cheetos. Puffed crack is wack, y'all.

WHAT I BOUGHT

A 26 oz. Brita water bottle in translucent blue. I discovered mid week that it only takes one drop on a handful of concrete steps to crack one.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Welcome To Nightvale. I canceled YouTube Music and resumed using the Amazon Music app. I forgot I had subscribed to this podcast, and I enjoyed listening to the latest episode during Friday’s workout. It was the first one I’ve streamed since two years ago, I think.

I also listened to Bawdy Storytelling, an adults only podcast that's often hilarious. 

WHAT I READ

Whisper Me A Love Song, Volumes 6 & 7. It’s been so long since the prior volume was published, so I reread it to refresh my memory before ingesting the latest one.

WHAT I WATCHED

I had no idea what Snack Basue was about when I gave it a try a few weeks ago. I’m always leery when a new anime arrives sans a one paragraph synopsis, but its humor is right up my alley. It’s about a group of middle aged guys hanging out at a Japanese snack bar. I’ll admit I’d feel right at home in one of those in real life, which is a polite way of saying I'm not 25 anymore.

WHAT MADE ME SMILE 

The gopher situation is confined to that small area in the picture I posted the other day. Now that little fucker has deadly tablets to snack on courtesy of the pest control company. I hope there is no further activity in the yard in the coming months. 

WHAT MADE ME SAD

Carl Weathers died. Most people knew him as Apollo Creed or Chubbs Peterson. I also knew him as an Oakland Raiders linebacker and a San Diego State alum that played on two undefeated college football teams coached by Don Coryell.

Fun fact: One of Carl’s defensive teammates at SDSU was Fred Dryer. What are the odds of two college teammates becoming NFL players and then successful Hollywood actors? I don’t think that’s ever happened before or since.

WHO’S IN SLAP COURT THIS WEEK

The defendant: Formula 1

The crime: Denying Andretti Motorsport’s application for an F1 team in 2026.

The verdict: NOT guilty! As much as I hate the idea that F1 loves American dollars but not our participation, I can’t blame them for getting cold feet. Between letting a Russian oligarch buy a seat for his idiot son and the Rich Energy sponsorship fiasco, who needs a second fuck nugget fiesta on the starting grid like Haas F1?

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

F1 champion Lewis Hamilton, for finally putting his career first. I don’t know if things will be better at Ferrari in 2025, but Mercedes wasn’t doing him any favors during the past couple of seasons.

I also choose to overlook the fact he's part owner of the Donks, aka the Denver Broncos.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

Even though I purposely increased my caloric intake during the past few days, I lost 1.8 pounds this week. I also got in plenty of physical activity due to yard work, which also helped matters.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY WRITING

Not much. Between shopping for my brother’s new car and the yard work, real life destroyed any momentum that carried over from last week. I still got a decent amount of editing done, but I’m not yet at the halfway point of this round of edits. I hope to race past that this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment