Saturday, February 17, 2024

What Happened To Me?!: Volume 1, Chapter 7

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

It’s racing season! The Bathurst 12 Hours endurance race is this weekend, and Supercars will take to the track at Mount Panorama next weekend. Now I have something to watch on most Friday and Saturday nights once again.

WHAT I ATE

You already know what I ate on Singles Awareness Day — err, Valentine’s Day, and I decided not to buy discounted chocolate candy at Vons afterward. Moving on…

WHAT I BOUGHT

A clear plastic container with an air tight lid. It wasn’t advertised it was made for coffee, but it’s perfect to store it. I had no choice but to buy one after I had a messy accident while opening a bag of Peet’s Big Bang.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Fucking in the streets. Okay, I did not hear or see actual fucking in the streets but the Disgraceland podcast about the MC5 had it in its title. That was an interesting trip down memory lane. There was also another episode about that one time The Clash “double sold out” a Times Square venue. That pissed everyone off except for the greedy promoters that sold roughly two tickets for every seat.

WHAT I READ

There’s No Freaking Way I’ll Be Your Lover! Unless…, Volume 4 was the most noteworthy thing I read during a light reading week. I wondered why the artwork looked so much like Whisper Me A Love Song, and then I discovered Eku Takeshima is the artist for both titles. 

WHAT I TRIED TO WATCH

The Wreckfest 250, aka last night’s NASCAR Craftsman Truck race. There were 12 caution flags, and it looked like hardly anyone was capable of running alongside another truck without banging into them. 

The ARCA race that happened afterward wasn’t any better. Shane VanGisbergen’s debut on an oval track was a quick one. He started 34th, made it up to 18th in three laps, and then got hit from behind in a multicar wreck not of his making. 

WHAT MADE MY STOMACH QUEASY 

Pigbuttamari. I viewed an Instagram video clip where some dude explained to viewers the process that some restaurants use to prepare, fry and then serve a pig’s butt instead of squid for takeout calamari. You know it’s really bad when a chorizo aficionado like me won’t ever touch takeout calamari, and chorizo is made with everything from the pig but the oink. 

WHAT MADE ME SMILE

Reiji Miyajima’s manga The Shiunji Family Children is getting an anime, and his better known manga Rent-A-Girlfriend recently published its 35th Japanese volume. I’m collecting the English translated RAG volumes, so I’m assuming I’ll need to buy another bookcase in a few years.

WHO’S IN SLAP COURT THIS WEEK

Court is adjourned for this week because…

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

The Manhattan Supreme Court. 350 million of them. I especially love the part that Tang Satan has to post an exorbitant amount of cash as a surety bond to appeal the decision.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

The good news is I lost 1.8 pounds this week. The bad news is I strained my lower back and my obliques from using the blower to remove leaves off the property for an extended period of time yesterday. I don't believe it's serious enough to require medical attention, and I can rest all I want after I remove the weeds from the backyard later today because...

WHAT’S UP WITH MY WRITING

The so called “300 pages of ideas” is now 269 pages of ideas taking shape. In plain English, the second draft is done. Now I can scratch my head over the fact that despite shedding 31 pages the word count for the manuscript increased by about 7,000 words.

I’ll likely take the rest of the month off before I start the next round of edits. I need a break!

2 comments:

  1. If I had a dollar for every injury, ache, pain, and strain I developed from doing simple household chores...sigh...

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete