What Happened To Me?!: Volume 1, Chapter 11

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

They don’t give up easy, do they? There is no shortage of spam emails in my inbox offering me the best deal on continuation education courses for my lapsed insurance license. I wish they'd get the hint that I’m not just retired, but "Warren Buffet’s burn pile of cash isn’t enough for me to change my mind” retired.

WHERE I WENT

The dealership’s service department. Akeno’s “Spa Day” included an inspection of various things at 10,000 miles, replacing the synthetic oil and oil filter, a tire rotation, and a pampering -- I mean, a car wash and interior detailing. 

WHAT I READ

A banned book. Amazon employs a misguided algorithm for Japanese manga and light novels, and they won’t sell the fifth volume of An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me! 

After purchasing and reading this volume via the J-Novel Club app without a hiccup, I’ve concluded that Amazon’s algorithm is an AI version of a White Christian Nationalist. It basically lost its virtue signaling shit over a young woman in a bikini on the cover and the word hookup in its title. The truth is, this series remains almost as pure as fallen snow compared to other titles for sale at Amazon.

The English translation of the sixth volume will be published in ten days. You get one guess where I preordered it from.

WHAT I WATCHED

Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story. 

I experienced the full emotional spectrum while watching this 2018 documentary on Amazon Prime, just like I did when I read the biography it’s based on. Probert was one of my favorite hockey players, and was that rare enforcer that also possessed high level playing skills that earned him an All-Star Game invitation. 

The best way to describe the larger than life icon is that he was the NHL’s all time best fighter, but sadly he never defeated his toughest opponent: himself. 

With his antics in the mid-80s, it's not a stretch to call him the original Cocaine Bear.

WHAT MADE ME SMILE 

Call Of The Night is officially getting a second anime season, and HIDIVE will stream Whisper Me A Love Song during the upcoming Spring season. Hooray!

WHO’S IN SLAP COURT THIS WEEK

The Defendant: Formula E

The crime: The electric racing series now only streams live action on Roku. The rest of us gearheads will have to settle for a so called “highlights package” on CBS Sports Network well after the race concludes.

The punishment: For a series that needs to grow its fan base, this is Darwin Award-level stupidity. Ignoring them seems like a more suitable punishment than a slap. 

Perhaps the reason they don’t stream live FE races on CBS Sports Network anymore is that half decade old reruns of World’s Strongest Man competitions generated higher Nielsen ratings?

WHO DESERVES FIST BUMPS

Naoki Yamamoto, who in his first race since suffering serious neck and back injuries in a violent Super GT crash six months ago finished third in the 2024 Super Formula Season opener at Suzuka. 

Juju Noda finished 17th in the same race, but she drove fast enough not to get lapped by the leaders. To show that much improvement within twenty-four hours is worthy of a victory celebration, not just a fist bump.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

I lost another 1.6 pounds this week, and a Tuesday morning BG test was the lowest reading I’ve ever recorded. I also started walking around my neighborhood, and my leg muscles are paying the price until they're used to the change in cardio activity.

There’s no writing update, so I’ll end this weekly update post with…

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED VIA GAMING

I hit all of the elite bonuses on two of the three Chop Shop robberies this week in GTA Online, and after the McTony Robbery I added this nearly $1.8M Pfister Comet S2 Cabrio to my character’s car collection for a $10,000 fee. 

My character already has one of these faux Porsche 911 Cabriolets in yellow, so this white one with it’s F4MOUS out of state plates and carbon fiber accents will remain on display in her auto shop as a trophy along with her lowrider collection.

That's all, folks. Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Stop losing all that weight! I keep finding it!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't want me to say stop eating... uh, never mind. I shouldn't tell you what not to have for breakfast, especially since I admitted I'll miss eating those cereals.

      Delete
  2. My friend who has a couple books got screwed over by Amazon. Apparently, they take a larger cut then they admit. He is not happy and pulling out. He said he'll find another means to sell the book. Yet another reason this greedy company is evil. They seem to crush everything in their path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard things about Amazon paying writers royalties based on how many pages of a book are read, and not on the fact the book was sold. If that's true, then I also have to wonder if it's worth it to become an "Amazon First Reads" or whatever happens to new writers.

      Delete
  3. good for you on the weight and the book !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to amaze me with your weight loss and the work you've put into your book. I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment