Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 1, Chapter 1

 

NOTE: The other day, I browsed a list of long and silly Japanese light novel titles and then I remembered how much I loved the anime Reborn As A Vending Machine, I Now Wander The Dungeon. In honor of Boxxo and his companion Lammis, this is the title I’ll use for my weekly update post for at least this quarter. — Robzilla

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Is it over yet? Spring has arrived, but I wouldn’t know that since I woke up to 44 degree temperatures this morning. I expect my heater to run off and on throughout the day. 

Oh, there’s also snow in the mountains that’s not the kind my GTA Online character steals from LSPD cops and a cartel. More on that later...

WHAT I ATE

Three sin meals to celebrate my good fortune. You know, things I won't allow myself to eat again anytime soon due to their sodium and/or cholesterol content.

WHAT I BOUGHT

There are few things in life that make me as happy as shopping for new clothes in my new size. This time I needed jackets for the rain and cold.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Ahnold! One of the few remaining Reasonable Republicans still walking the earth was this week’s guest on the New Heights podcast. 

WHAT ‘SACRED TEXTS” I READ

In a recent recap episode for That One Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime, Veldora Tempest referred to manga as “sacred texts”, and I shall do the same with manga and light novels going forward. This week's sacred texts included:

  • Whisper Me A Love Song, Volume 8
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 6
  • Please Go Home, Miss Akutsu!, Volume 5
  • Tamon’s B-Side, Volume 3
  • Neighborhood Story, Volume 2
  • The Dangers In My Heart, Volumes 1 & 2
  • Two light novel stories that were included in the Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation video game

WHAT I WATCHED

The Spring anime season, which started at the end of March for some strange reason, is off to a decent start. A handful of new shows are a delight to watch, while the rest are merely a diversion from the theater of the absurd also known as cable news networks.

I also watched a few YouTube videos of other GTA Online players. It’s nice to pick up a few tips and tricks to improve my own game, such as the right weapons to use in certain situations.

WHAT AMUSED ME ON APRIL FOOL'S DAY

The faux announcement that two new spinoff Date A Live series are in production. They're not far fetched ideas when you consider there's this idol figure of Kurumi for sale from the very real spinoff series Date A Bullet.

WHO’S IN SLAP COURT THIS WEEK

The defendant: Wawanesa Insurance

The crime: They raised my premiums despite having a spotless driving record this century. 

The verdict: A slap soft enough to get their attention, but do no harm. The truth is, Wawanesa is legendary in California for offering the lowest auto insurance rates to drivers with clean driving records.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED IN GAMING

Since The Cluckin’ Bell Farm Raid went live about four weeks ago, I had accomplished everything in the Career Progression track except for completing the five setup missions and the finale within 45 minutes. It was almost as vexing as that Cargo Ship Robbery from The Chop Shop update since I always seemed about a minute short of goal.

While players can take advantage of a glitch and do the aggressive approach in as little as 36 minutes, I prefer not to make such a grand entrance. My character and I did it our way and completed the stealth approach in just under 44 minutes midweek. Now she has this “wearable trophy” and we can replay the raid without fear of making time consuming mistakes.

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

SDSU alum Malachi Flynn came off the bench for the Detroit Pistons the other night and scored 50 points. Apparently that point total was one less than Jamal Crawford’s NBA record for most points by a player coming off the bench in a game. 

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

Despite my best epicurean efforts to celebrate last week’s outstanding news, I still lost 0.8 pounds. I consider that a victory in itself. On the flip side, my back flared up again and I have sinus congestion that comes and goes like a stray cat looking for its next meal. 

In other words, a full night's rest is now almost as elusive as a Miami Marlins (0-8) victory.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY WRITING

I’ve edited the first eight chapters so far, but the seventh and eighth chapters require more work before I can move forward. That’s what I’ll work on this weekend.

Comments

  1. Happy Monday!! Weight loss is a great reason to buy new clothes. How awesome that even with 3 cheat meals you didn't gain weight. That is great progress for you. I hope you have a wonderful week my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment