Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 1, Chapter 4


WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Pain. Since Monday I’ve been in the middle of someone else’s crisis event, for lack of a better term. It was even more troubling after I unearthed more information about that person. 

I won’t spill the deets on what happened, but I can confirm that any pain I felt after the first of my two deep cleaning appointments pales in comparison to this ongoing situation.

WHAT I ATE

Matcha green tea mochi on Monday night. It’s 80 calories and relatively low in sugar and carbs, so it’s perfect as the occasional after meal palette cleanser. 

Somehow, the other five mochis (is that right?) that came in the box are still untouched.

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • The Dangers In My Heart - Volumes 4, 5, & 6
  • Ogami-san Can’t Keep It In - Volume 4
  • How To Treat A Lady Knight Right - Volumes 1 & 2
  • Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included - Volume 5
  • Rise Of The Outlaw Tamer And His Wild S-Rank Cat Girl - Volume 1

I’m shocked Kindle sells Outlaw Tamer, so I shall catch up on this hilarious series. The image above is its front cover, spine, and back cover. It's read from right to left, so it's in the correct order.

FYI, her name is Birena and she’s definitely a wild one.

WHAT SHOCKED ME

The NFL Draft. Brock Bowers is a Las Vegas Raider?! He was projected to be drafted as high as fifth overall by the (Dis)Chargers, but twelve teams passed on him. The Raiders don’t need a tight end, but what are you going to do when a generational talent falls into your lap? 

I won’t question this pick since Bowers is supposed to be similar to 49ers star George Kittle.

WHAT BUTCH THING I DID IN ABOUT TWO MINUTES

I mounted a rubber coated folding bike lock onto the Zizzo’s frame. It felt nice to use the electric screwdriver and the proper hex bit for the first time in several months.

WHO’S IN SLAP COURT

The defendant: CNBC

The crime: The other day I wanted to read an article on which stocks were making the biggest moves midday, but CNBC withholds that information unless you create a free account that requires you to submit your email address.

The verdict: One bone jarring, concussion inducing slap. That’s nearly as bad as those times when Target wanted to piggyback onto my checking account through their Red program. 

Boy, do I have some stories to tell about rude, irate red vested clerks…

WHY I DESERVE THE FIST BUMP

I kept a level head and maintained my healthy habits despite the traumatic things that happened since Monday. The old me would have spiraled out of control, as I did when I lost both Terri and Torrie within months of each other, but this time I never wavered.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

I lost 2.2 pounds this week, and I can assure you it wasn't due to a loss of appetite. I also seem to be the only person in my family not dealing with an illness. I'm sure the two things are related.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY NOVEL

I finished editing the first ten chapters on Wednesday morning, or so I thought. When I reread the first chapter Friday morning, I found more things to edit because of course I did. 

Editing is a frustrating process, but in the end I'm showing growth as a writer so it's all good.

Comments

  1. Keeping a level head is hard sometimes but so worth it if you can do it. I hope the ongoing situation turns out ok. That is a cool bike lock. Yay on the continued weight loss and better health. I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  2. good for you for keeping to your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and sorry for the late reply. As you can imagine, there's been lots of stuff going on behind the scenes.

      Delete

Post a Comment