No Longer Dreaming

 
One of the things I've always found fascinating was Patrick Dempsey the race car driver. Yes, you read that right. Patrick Dempsey. Race car driver. Now that you're over the shock of seeing those terms in one sentence, let's keep moving...

Patrick is better known as "McDreamy" on some doctor show that I never watched, but every so often I'd watch Porsche factory driver Patrick Long and McDreamy race together in a Porsche 911 all over the globe from 2009 until both of them stepped back from driving duties to become Porsche brand ambassadors. 

Like legendary Corvette Racing driver Ron Fellows, I thought I'd never see either of them behind the wheel again so imagine my surprise when I learned Long and McDreamy will participate in the newly formed Porsche Endurance Challenge North America series. They will partner in a GT4 spec Porsche 911 with sponsorship from Mobil 1, and with GT3 cars sharing the track the series promises a crowded pit lane.

If you're interested or have nothing to do this Memorial Day Sunday, you can stream the first 60-minute PEC NA race from Circuit Of The Americas (COTA) live on their YouTube channel gratis

Comments

  1. I remember seeing him in the movie Sweet Home Alabama. I never watched the McDreamy doctor show either. lol I had no idea he was a race car driver in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dare I say I also remember him from the 1989 flick Loverboy? I never looked at pizza with anchovies on it the same way again.

      Delete
  2. I'd watch him watch grass grow. WOOF!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment