Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 1, Chapter 9

Hey, y’all. I received some dreadful news yesterday morning about my sister that’s in a convalescent home, and the update I received on her condition after dinner was not promising. That’s why I’m posting the briefest of updates a day early. — Robzilla.

WHAT I ATE

Mexican blueberries. The ones I ate were just like any other blueberries, except the package they came in had, um…. the last time I saw so many stems and seeds was at the bottom of someone’s bong bowl.

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

I won’t list them this week for brevity’s sake, but I should announce I canceled my GTA+ membership and used those funds to buy an annual J-Novel Club subscription. This gives me access to light novel chapters translated into English well before they’re published into full length novels. I’m currently reading three titles on a near daily basis in addition to the weekly manga.

WHAT YOU CAN READ

After posting this update, I found this Jalopnik article about Katherine Legge's latest race at the Indy 500. While her engine went Cheech y Chong (Up In Smoke) early in the race, what her sponsor did during the weekend may have changed motorsports for women... and some men as well!

WHAT I BOUGHT

I’m juggling five affluent redheads aka The Quintessential Quintuplets. Two Japanese story/puzzle games have finally made it stateside with English subtitles, and I’m now playing the first of them on my PS5. 

FYI The Quintessential Quintuplets is now available on Netflix. It’s the best rom-com anime, and it’s 99% wholesome despite the obvious harem situation.

WHAT I’LL WATCH

June isn’t just Pride Month. It’s unofficially Endurance Racing Month. 

Tomorrow is the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, which combines the modern Formula 1 track with the old Nordschliefe course, aka The Green Hell. I’ll watch bits and pieces of the race on YouTube throughout Saturday and Sunday, but Super GT will get my full, undivided attention when their three-hour race at Suzuka begins just after 9 pm Saturday night my local time.

If that isn’t enough endurance racing action, two weekends from now is the 24 Hours of Le Mans and at the end of the month is the 24 Hours at Spa. Ara ara!

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED IN GAMING

I’ve settled on one livery for all of my cars in Gran Turismo 7, but I’ll save the deets for a future post.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

It turns out I have a cold. After showing no other symptoms for what seemed like forever, I finally started showing some on Wednesday. With the proper self care since then, I’m getting the upper hand on this. I hope to resume exercising on Monday morning.

I have not yet weighed myself for the week, so I’ll post an update on that next time.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY WRITING

Without Red Lobster’s help, I finished editing Chapter 11. I was beginning Chapter 12 when I received the news about my sister, and I’m holding off on further editing until Sunday at the earliest.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your sister. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

    I miss having endurance.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sister. Big hugs to you, you've been through a lot lately. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment