Wednesday, June 5, 2024

A Day In The Life...

I've always liked Itsuki Nakano. She's very expressive with her emotions, loves to eat, and some of her screenshots from The Quintessential Quintuplets: Memories Of A Quintessential Summer perfectly illustrate how my day went. 

That was my face when I heard a homeless guy rummaging through my recycle bins in the alley at around seven o'clock this morning. It's not really a joke when I tell my friends that I'm feeding the homeless when I put out the trash. This has become a common occurrence, and it bothers the shit out of me when the bins no longer face the right direction afterward.

That's me sitting in front of my laptop as I wonder what to write. It happens more often than I'd like to admit.

For a midweek treat I had pan friend andouille sausage with steamed cauliflower and basmati rice for dinner. It was nothing short of glorious.

Just before dinner my Zizzo indoor trainer was delivered. I told y'all I'd ease into exercising within the next 24 hours and I kept my word. I rode the Zizzo Forte indoors for about ten minutes, and I had sufficient leg strength to ride with all eight speeds. The seat was a little firm, but I think I'll adjust to it with time.

Now that I'm riding upright on an actual bike instead of sitting on a recumbent bike, I'm using muscles in ways they haven't been used in decades. While most of me feels good right now, I guarantee my lower back and what Jake "Body by Jake" Steinfeld once called the buttisimo are going to be sore tomorrow morning!

1 comment: