Sunday, June 2, 2024

A Murder of Kurumis

 
After the latest updates on my brother and sister, I need to keep things lighthearted and abstain from things that require me to concentrate for the foreseeable future. That's why I'm going to discuss my favorite antiheroine Kurumi Tokisaki rather than edit my novel this morning. 

Why would I describe multiple Kurumis a murder? That's perhaps the best word to describe her power to make clones of herself. She didn't earn the codename Nightmare or the nickname Killer Kurumi for giggles during the anime's first season, so it fits. Anyway... while testing out various cars in Gran Turismo 7's Sport Mode environment during the past few days I came to a conclusion. I should use only one livery for my race cars, regardless of what category they compete in. 

With that in mind, let me introduce you to my Murder of Kurumis.

This 2016 Nissan GT-R GT500 (Group 2) on the left is considered the O.G., the first car to have Kurumi grace her hood. Her colors are all official Nissan paint codes: Red Pearl, Brilliant White Pearl, and Super Black.

To her right is a McLaren VGT (Vision Gran Turismo) hypercar that doesn't exist in real life. It races in Group 1, considered the highest rank racing category in both real life and in GT7. Due to its design there's no proper way to place a Kurumi graphic on its hood. If you look closely on the insides of the rear wing support beams in the screenshot above, you'll see it's the perfect place to display her. It's almost like she's waving "Bye!" at my opponents when I pass them, but without saying the quiet part out loud.

GT3 is perhaps the most popular and competitive racing category in the world, and in Group 3 I have three race cars that look like they're ready to do battle in Super GT's GT300 division.

On the left is a Ford Mustang, a proper choice for only a handful of online tracks due to being real wheel drive and heavy. She remains one of my favorites due to her throaty, guttural exhaust note that sounds glorious in a Bose sound system. She has Kurumi's traditional goth look on its hood. 

On the right is a 2017 Porsche 911 RSR, a rear engine car that's a great all around performer for online racing. Due to her unique design, I went with a more youthful graphic for her hood. If I'm following the Date A Live time line correctly, Kurumi is a woman in her early forties that never aged once she became The Third (and to some people The Worst) Spirit about a quarter century ago. If only the rest of us could age like that...

Not pictured is a 2018 Nissan GT-R, a car that I'll use sparingly online. Perhaps you remember my last post from the Nurburgring? That was her.

GT4, or Group 4, is perhaps the most fun category to race in. The cars have less horsepower and more grip than their GT3 versions, so it's fun to literally throw them into corners. If my Kurumis were real, they're dressed to impress for Super Taikyu's ST-Z division.

On the left is a Nissan GT-R, and on the right is a Ford Mustang. Either car is suitable for online racing, but the main difference is their engine layouts. The Nissan is all wheel drive while the Mustang is rear wheel drive. Depending on the track, one will be favored over the other.

Why is the Alfa 155 not shown here? Despite its outstanding straight line speed, it too light and lacks the ability to turn corners as fast as most modern race cars. Therefore I've restored its original livery and will only race if offline. 

I also have a Mazda Miata fitted with a roll cage that in real life would compete in Super Taikyu's ST-5 division, where it would do battle with other production models like the Honda Fit, Mazda 2, and Toyota Yaris. I need to update that livery so she can join her clones above in online and offline fun. 

Perhaps I'll go do that right now?

2 comments:

  1. my first emotional reaction was what is a Kuromi but hey I learned something !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's also known as Crimson Nightmare, which is also the nickname I gave the OG Kurumi way back when I first raced her.

      Delete