Wednesday, June 5, 2024

An Update On Things

I don't want to wait until Saturday to get a few things off my chest, so here I go...

MY SISTER: As expected, is not doing well. What happened to her, regardless of cause, has a high mortality rate that only increases when there's additional health concerns. She's still in EICU as of this writing, and I prefer not to discuss that any further. It's quite distressing to think about her when I don't keep myself busy.

MY BROTHER: I've always said we have to get him the help he needs. The reality is it's a waste of time and resources if he's not willing to accept it. When I visited him at a local rehab center yesterday, a physical therapist entered his room and announced she was there to help him exercise his arms.

I've harped on him since forever that he needs to increase his physical activity so he can regain mobility in his legs and remain self-sufficient. When I heard that he had requested physical therapy for his arms in addition to what he's already doing for his legs thrilled me. It appears he's finally accepting the message I kept pounding into him.

He may return home in a few weeks, and on a temporary basis I'll have to drive him to various places while helping administer his medications. If it means he'll be better than he was when he moved in here, I couldn't be happier.

WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT ROBZILLA?: I just had to get in my inner Raven, a popular wrestler from a quarter century ago that stood in the middle of the ring and demand respect from the audience before or after his matches.

Except for some lingering congestion, I've pretty much recovered from one of the nastiest colds I've ever had. Despite the lack of sleep due to congestion and stress, my energy level has returned. Within the next 24 hours I will ease myself back into physical activity. 

During the past two weeks I found Airborne to be ineffective compared to orange juice, which proves my point that you're better off getting nutrients from the foods you eat versus singlehandedly keeping GNC in business. I will gladly die on that hill.

For the first time in several days, my mind is clear. I look forward to resuming my editing activities as well as getting a full night's rest.

I'll post again soon...

3 comments:

  1. Good news about your brother but I'm sorry to hear the not good news about your sister. I'm glad you're feeling better. And yes I totally agree, vitamins and minerals from the food you eat is much better than any pills you can take. Take care and you know how to reach me if you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sure do have a lot on your plate with your siblings. My thoughts are with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy you got your hands full. I hope all will prevail in the end. One can only do so much till they want to help themselves. Many tell me they don't feel Airborne helps. I've never tried it, as I'm seldom sick or have a cold. But I have a huge glass on OJ daily with breakfast.

    ReplyDelete