Wednesday, June 12, 2024

An Update On Things...

The hospitalized older sister was transferred to another hospital last week, and without any updates from the other sister I assumed she was either improving or fighting something that doctors discovered when she was in EICU. No news from my sister is usually a good thing, but...

Then I received a phone call just before dinner tonight. It was the one I've dreaded but deep down I knew it was coming sooner or later. My sister has taken a turn for the worse, and after hearing the specifics of today's complications I'm bracing myself for the inevitable that could happen as soon as Friday.

It figures this would happen during the weekend of Le Mans. In 2012, I watched my cat Ricky rapidly decline that weekend as we awaited test results for an aggressive form of cancer. One year later, I witnessed Allan Simonsen's fatal accident on the third lap. Now there's this casting a pall over what should've been an enjoyable weekend.

I don't have a favorable update for my brother, either. He'll be discharged from a rehab center in the coming weeks, but he's likely headed to a residential care home.

Meanwhile, I need to have a stern talk to either God or the asshole who uttered the phrase, "You're going through this because God knows you can handle it." I shouldn't have to handle this.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot to be dealing with! Big hugs to you as you go through this phase. And to whoever said that...I don't believe that is how God works and what a thoughtless thing to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I should have mentioned they did not utter that phrase to me! Sorry for the miscommunication.

      Delete