Thursday, June 20, 2024

Brain Fragments

Hey, I made it! Ten straight days of posting. I have news to share about a few things on my mind...

My sister is in hospice. I'm glad I got to see her for about an hour on Monday, and I'm thankful I got the opportunity to tell her the things I wanted. I hope to see her again in the next few days.

As for my brother, assisted living may not be an option for him due to his unique circumstances. Nothing is guaranteed at this point, but I expect him to come home soon. I fear this will not end well for anyone involved.

I've been hinting at buying a second car for awhile, and this morning I test drove a well maintained low mileage compact SUV that caught my eye earlier this past week. I was impressed with its sports car like handling, and the motor, transmission and suspension are nearly as perfect as the condition of its leather interior. It's not a convertible but the panoramic roof will more than suffice.

I feel it's the perfect daily driver while I keep Akeno as my "fun" car, but during the test drive I discovered a couple of problems with the battery and the AC. It's quite possible these are minor issues, but regardless of the severity I've let the dealer know I want them addressed before I agree to buy the vehicle. I'll know more about what's going on with it when they contact me later in the day.

And if I do buy this car, I've already got a name picked out for it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to see your sister and I hope you get to again. I hope things turn out well for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! I just went back and read all your posts. So many things happening, but I am glad you were able to see your sister and tell her what you needed. I hope for the best for your brother and especially for you, sweetpea. xoxo

    ReplyDelete