Change Is Good

I'm currently recovering from my first 20-minute ride on the Joroto X2, and I need to continue my posting streak alive. I thought I'd spend a moment to let y'all know that I'm still capable of embracing change.

When I finished assembling the bike on Saturday afternoon, the first thing I did was remove the toe cages and straps from the pedals. I still remember what had happened to President Biden on his road bike not long ago, and I've always found the idea of having my feet locked into something a little terrifying. In fact, I've always removed those shower sandal like straps from the pedals of all of my exercise bikes in the past.

Then a Google search during a lull in the 24 Hours of Le Mans enlightened me. Toe cages with the straps properly adjusted the same way you'd wear a fitness tracker on your wrist properly aligns your feet while riding, and they also aid in transferring the power from your legs to the pedals while riding.

All it took was this morning's ride to notice the difference and make me a believer. I shall keep them.

Comments

  1. Excellent job!! I wouldn't like the straps on the pedals either but now that you've explained them it does make sense.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment