In Memory of Warrior Queen & Other Things On My Mind

Before I begin, I just want to say a few non-related things.

I have no further updates on my sister. As an armchair doctor, and let's face it we all are in this situation, I Googled her diagnosis. There is zero chance for recovery, and even the God she worships can't cure this. It's a situation where she has yet another serious condition piled on top of the ones she's been dealing with for the past couple of years. It's not a matter if the end will come, but when.

As I prepare for the inevitable, whether it happens days, weeks, or months from now, I was reminded by Spo and others that we need to post something to remember Warrior Queen, aka Anne Marie from Philly. I can't believe it's been three years since she passed, and I still remember that early evening when I found out about it. 

I was in the middle of clearing out my old apartment and moving my personal effects into my current place. I didn't have access to a computer for obvious reasons, so I was "offline" at the time. The last thing I remember hearing from Anne Marie was that she wanted my new address, and I intended to give it to her once I hooked up my gaming rig to my TV set to get back online.

While on my way home from a full day of cleaning up the apartment, I ducked into the drive-thru of a nearby Jack In The Box for a quick bite to eat. That's when I received a frantic email from Mistress Maddie, who broke the news to me. I was too stunned to finish my meal, and the fact that I waited to give her my address bothered me for quite a bit afterward.

I could ramble on about what kind of person Anne Marie was, so for brevity's sake I'll ask you a simple question. Do you know what a real one is? It's a slang term for someone that keeps it true regardless of the situation, is loyal and dedicated. That's what I remember about Anne Marie. She's a real one, and sadly those kind of people are quickly becoming an endangered species.

Anne Marie loved Saturday Night Dance Parties, and instead of the usual stuff I wanted to post something you could dance do that was unapologetically brash, just like her. I think this Billy Idol cover of a popular 60s dance tune just might do the trick.


Dance the night away, Anne Marie. I hope Todd joins in, too!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your friend. I unfortunately found her blog only a few months before she passed away. Hugs my friend as you navigate the situation with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see you too contributed to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment seems to have disappeared.😰

    I'm glad to see that you contributed to the dance party, I think she would definitely like this selection. I still miss her and are 4-Hour boozy lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice?! Thanks for participating.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment