Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning

 
On Friday night I received a distressing update on my sister, and the only thing I'm certain of is how it will all end. She's back in the hospital and things are not looking good at all. I don't know what the next steps are, so I have to be patient and wait for further news.

My brother's discharge from the rehab center has been delayed, which is good news. If he's not ready to return home, then it's for the best.

I felt horrible for doing this, but I had to inform him he can't ride in Miku. There's no room to store a walker in the trunk, and I don't want to scuff up her decorative back seats. I've also "permanently" installed a removable wind screen that covers the rear seats since I enjoy driving Miku topless roughly 50% of the time. Gotta enjoy that perk while the weather is still agreeable!

You're probably wondering why I'm showing off this Goodsmile Racing 2011 BMW Z4 GT3 race car from Gran Turismo 7, but I'll get to that later. Moving on...

I'm thrilled to report that Miku the Mini is everything I want in a small, luxury convertible and it's hard not to grin like the village idiot when I'm behind the wheel. I also have to report Miku needs a little work. Once Carmax's service department opens later this morning I'll schedule an appointment. 

I heard a creak from the right front wheel while pulling out of a parking space or parallel parking that needs investigation. It could be a worn out strut, a ball joint, or a CV joint. Or maybe her suspension parts are fine and they just need the proper lubrication. I don't care if this is covered under their warranty. I'll gladly pay for the repair if I need to.

While riding my exercise bike Friday morning, I watched a 40 minute car race from Spa-Francorchamps that warmed my heart. This special race was for GT3 category cars that competed on the world stage from 1999 onward. Amongst these classics were two Corvette Racing Corvettes that had competed at Le Mans two decades ago, so now I know some race cars don't die or become museum pieces.

This prompted me to buy the Beemer pictured above in Gran Turismo 7. Goodsmile Racing competed in Super GT's GT300 division with a BMW Z4 between 2011 and 2015 and won the championship in 2011 and 2014. Another GT7 gamer faithfully recreated the 2014 championship livery, and now I have my own "classic" GT3 race car to drive in offline races.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear your brother is getting the care he needs. Sad news about your sister though. Big hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This week will definitely be an eventful one.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we just are awaiting for the end, wishing it were over and feeling badly we are thinking such.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment