Saturday, June 8, 2024

Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 1, Chapter 10

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

The tub/shower combo will be replaced with a walk in shower in the coming weeks, and grab bars and dual shower heads will be part of the package. I don’t need the safety features now, but I’m sure they’ll come in handy when I get older.

I also hear this dual shower head system is quite enjoyable for couples. Ara, ara!

WHAT I ATE WITH(OUT) RELISH

Chicken Queso Fresco salad with creamy avocado dressing. I enjoyed this Ready Pac Bistro salad so much I’m having it again for lunch this afternoon.

WHAT I BOUGHT

This is what the Zizzo indoor trainer looks like with the Forte attached to it, and there’s an oval shaped plastic cup that the front wheel sits on to help stabilize the bike. 

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • The King’s Beast, Volume 13
  • A Couple of Cuckoos, Volume 17
  • Let’s Do It Already!, Volume 1 (It’s not quite what you think it is!)
  • The Ideal Sponger Life, Volume 16
  • Stray Cat & Wolf, Volume 3
  • I Can’t Say No To The Lonely Girl, Volume 2

I’m also reading the following J-Novel titles in sections as they’re translated into English:

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 1
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 1
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 1
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 7

I wasn’t kidding when I said light novels have loooooong titles!

WHAT MADE ME CRY

The BMW M135 is a "hot" hatchback that goes pleasingly fast, but it’s not available in the States. Sadly, America’s Stockholm Syndrome like relationship with bulky, ill handling trucks and SUVs make us an undesirable market for small cars.

WHO’S ON THE DOCKET THIS WEEK

The defendant: Feedly

The crime: The blog reading program is like the local post office. Most of the time I’ll get an update in a timely manner, but once in awhile there’s a five day delay for unknown reasons. I can’t get rid of USPS when they do it, so…

The verdict: Feedly is fired! I’ve saved blogs as bookmarks, and now I’ll have to get in the habit of reviewing them every morning for new content.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED IN GAMING

I earned the Platinum PlayStation trophy midweek for unlocking every ending, screenshot, scene, and background music track in the Quintuplets game for the Nakano quints and Futaro’s little sister Raiha. 

I earned a Bronze award in the latest Gran Turismo 7 online time trial at the Nordschliefe, but I usually claim Silver so my celebration is muted. I also completed this week’s challenges in one sitting, which netted me about $1 million in credits.

At one point, my GTA Online character had $50 million in the bank. I envy her debt free existence.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

My body is adjusting to riding the Zizzo indoors quite well. I thought various parts of my body would be racked with pain, but they’re not. I look forward to riding again on Monday morning.

I lost 2.2 pounds this week, and I can’t help but wonder if adding basmati rice to some of my low carb dinners helped.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY WRITING

Due to everything that’s going on with my family, this will be my last editing update for awhile. It makes zero sense to force myself to do it when all I want to do is manage my stress and anxiety from one day to the next. For now, I'll only work on it when I feel like I can give it my all.

2 comments:

  1. I never used to care for rice until years ago I tried Basmati and now that is all I will eat. I'm seriously impressed with your weight loss and health management. Congratulations on the hard work you've put in. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete