Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 1, Chapter 11

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

I have no further updates on my family, so as the late Alain de Cadenet once said, “Welcome to Le Mans, where the cars are the stars!”. I'll be rooting for both the Ford Mustangs and The Iron Dames, an all female racing team whose Lamborghini has come agonizingly close to a podium finish in recent contests around the globe. 

Maybe if I'm lucky, Motor Trend TV will have someone go around and interview drunk fans sometime Saturday night our local times? That's usually delightful entertainment when they slur profanity.

WHAT I’M GOING TO EAT WITHOUT REMORSE

Thin crust garlic chicken alfredo pizza plus a Caesar chicken salad for dinner on Saturday and Sunday. It’s a compromise between “I need to watch my carb intake,” and, “I’m going through a lot of fucking shit right now!”

WHAT I WATCHED THAT MADE ME LAUGH

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing On This Wonderful World! This series never fails to entertain me, and the current “Darkness's Arranged Wedding” arc is hysterical. I think the main reason why this series is so appealing is that Megumin, Darkness, Aqua and Kazuma are adorably stupid.

WHAT I BOUGHT

Metal clothes pins and additional windproof hooks. I’ve upped my indoor/outdoor drying game so I can do laundry only once a week going forward. It’s a sound investment to free up my time. I also bought some other things, including a major purchase that will require an explanation when you see it.

Don’t worry. I didn’t buy a gently used Mazda Miata. Yet?

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • The Moon On A Rainy Night, Volume 5
  • Call Of The Night, Volume 16
  • Love’s In Sight!, Volume 7
  • How To Treat A Lady Knight Right, Volume 5
  • Fairy Tale Team-Up: Robyn Hood and Van Helsing

Also the following titles from J-Novel Club:

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 1 (In progress)
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 1 (In progress)
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 1 (In progress)
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 7 (Finished - now awaiting Volume 8)
  • From Two-Bit Baddie To Total Heartthtrob: This Villainess Will Cross-Dress To Impress!, Volume 1 (New, in progress)

THE SLAP COURT DOCKET IS CLEAR THIS WEEK

Next…

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED IN GRAN TURISMO 7

I spent the week tweaking car setups to make them run faster, including this 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II. The valkyrie/teacher Rossweisse from High School DxD looks lovely on the hood, but trust me when I tell you there’s nothing coquettish about this vintage super car killer. 

Or Rossweisse for that matter. She can't hold her liquor and shops at 100 yen stores. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those things...

I also earned a Silver in the latest time trial, as expected.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

Physically, I’m back to normal and I should be okay to resume weight training this coming week. Mentally? I'm fine as long as I don't have to do any critical thinking or put up with someone else's stupid shit. I just have zero patience or fucks to give for either of those things. 

Obviously by posting this just after midnight I haven't weigh myself yet. I’ll report on that in the near future.

Comments

  1. Considering everything that is going on right now with your family, you sound like you're doing pretty well. Yes, eat the pizza and the salad and enjoy them. You deserve a cheat meal now and then. Enjoy your Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I'm currently serenaded by about 60 race cars via my Bose sound system. I'm feeling quite good right now.

      Delete
  2. metal clips! I only know of the old type wooden ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them from Bezos and they're supposed to be better than wooden ones. I'd say that's mostly true based on using them to attach socks and underwear to hangars.

      Delete

Post a Comment