Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 1, Bonus Chapter

NOTE: Like elevators but unlike my Gran Turismo 7 race cars, there are no Chapter 13s in my weekly updates. If you read manga or manwha, think of this update as that bonus chapter that’s included at the end of a volume. 

I have a busy personal schedule on Saturday morning so I’m posting this entry a little early. — Robzilla

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Miku. I haven’t been this excited about a car since I filled rear view mirrors with fear dressed as a fourth generation Chevrolet Camaro Z28 a quarter century ago. She’s running well so far, and Carmax will soon have someone address a passenger side window gap. The glass likely just needs an alignment adjustment, and the 90-day warranty will take care of the costs.

WHAT I ATE

Bachan’s barbecue sauce transforms pan fried chicken or steak strips when I add a tablespoon during the last minute of cooking. It’s similar in scent to teriyaki sauce, but with less sodium. I think. 

WHAT I BOUGHT FOR ME

A Tumi duffel that’s the perfect bag for an overnight stay or a weekend getaway. Or emergencies if something happens with Miku on a day trip, which I’m dying to do once the current family drama settles down.

WHAT I BOUGHT FOR MIKU

  • A John Cooper Works (JCW) brake rotor and caliper key fob cover.
  • All season floor mats.
  • A half cover to protect the soft top from the elements and bird shit.
  • “Night Jack” mirror caps are currently in transit. I’ll post a picture after they’re installed.

WHAT AMUSED ME

News that an anime adaptation for a yuri (lesbian) comedy manga called Bad Girl is in the works. It piqued my interest when I heard its premise: A “good girl” first year high school student starts to behave like a delinquent to get the attention of the school’s discipline committee chairman. 

I assume her target is the third year student with the arm band on the far left. This project screams “dumpster fire” and I look forward to seeing what stupid shit that girl pulls for her senpai. 

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • Date A Live, Volume 12. 
  • Zatanna: Bring Down The House, Issue #1

I also read translated portions of the following light novels with the J-Novel Club app:

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 1
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 1
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 1
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 8

WHAT I WATCHED

Ya Boy Kongming! There better be a second season for this show. I want to know what happens to aspiring singer Eiko as transported Chinese military strategist Zhuge Liang, aka Kongming, guides her career. The nerd in me also loved how I learned bits and pieces of Chinese history as the story progressed.

This is one of those HIDIVE exclusive shows that will soon be available on Hulu. I highly recommend it.

WHAT MADE ME MOROSE, AS EXPECTED

Date A Live reached the end of the anime road although there’s enough source material for a sixth and final season. I know I can read a synopsis of how everything ends online, but I prefer to let the light novels tell me over the next 2-3 years as they’re translated into English.

WHO’S ON THE SLAP COURT DOCKET THIS WEEK

DC Comics. I was thrilled when I discovered Zatanna has her own Black Label series, but after I read the first issue I felt nothing for the characters. It was the worst comic I’ve read in a very long time, and yet another wasted opportunity for The Mistress of Magic to shine.

A “nut shot” from Helena Bertinelli, aka Huntress, seems more fitting than a slap. 

WHAT I BOUGHT IN GRAN TURISMO 7

This 1969 Pontiac GTO “The Judge” from the Legends Car Dealership. With how it’s tuned to perform in its specific racing category, this Carousel Red classic muscle car might as well be called “The Executioner” when I’m behind the wheel.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

I didn’t ride on Monday or Tuesday due to my car shopping misadventures, and on Wednesday I stopped riding after 15 minutes due to the unbearable humidity. I did a full riding workout on Friday morning, plus plenty of walking around at the mall when I bought my duffel bag.

I’ll weigh myself on Saturday morning, but to be honest I really don’t care what the scale says. I have more important matters to worry about right now than whether or not I lost any weight this past week.

UPDATE 6/29/24  6:32 am: I lost 2.2 pounds.

Comments

  1. this sounds (mostly) good news; I can sense your joy at the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A “nut shot” from Helena Bertinelli, aka Huntress, seems more fitting than a slap. "

    Bwahahahahaha

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment