Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 2, Chapter 1

NOTE: I have a full agenda on Saturday so I wrote and uploaded this entry as a future post on Friday night. — Robzilla

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

MINI Madness. If you told me two weeks ago I’d buy two MINIs I’m pretty sure my reaction would’ve been either, “Put down the crack pipe and no one gets hurt!” or “Get the fuck outta here!” It’s surreal that this really happened, and once Miku is back from the dealership it’s really going to sink in that I now own a cabrio and a compact SUV in highly desirable colors.

WHAT I BOUGHT

A second Victorinox FieldForce watch. Ever since I bought Miku I’ve worn the limited edition FieldForce just about every time I went out for a drive. This “everyday” FieldForce has a head turning blue chronograph face, and was a fraction of the cost of a Rolex or an Omega.

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • Tamon’s B-Side, Volume 4
  • Rent-A-Girlfriend, Volume 25

Also in progress from J-Novel Club

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 1
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 1
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 1
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 8

WHAT I WATCHED

Senpai Is An Otokonoko is an atypical high school romance anime. After Makoto turns down Saki’s love confession, she befriends his best friend Ryuji to try to find a way into Makoto’s heart. Not only is Saki smitten after Makoto tells her his secret, but Ryuji discovers he also has feelings for his childhood best friend.

Oh, did I forget to mention Makoto is an otokonoko, a boy that dresses as a girl? 

I get the feeling Makoto could be transgender or genderqueer, and the author is handling this delicate situation with care so far. I’m eagerly awaiting the next episode.

WHAT MADE ME LAUGH

Pseudo Harem was also enjoyable to watch. Eiji wants a harem of beauties, and fellow drama club member Rin teases him with four distinct personalities as she polishes her acting skills. I’ll have to keep all of these personalities straight as I watch Eiji fall for “Tsundere Rin”. Or was it “Cool Rin?”

WHAT MADE ME MOROSE

Did you ever get into the kind of trouble at school where the teacher had you sit against the wall while the rest of your classmates enjoyed recess? That’s how I felt during Miku’s absence this week. The weather was beautiful, and yet I couldn’t take her out for a spin to enjoy it.

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

Carmax is the too obvious low hanging fruit, so let’s go with a different variety. Former NFL quarterback JaMarcus Russell allegedly cashed a $74,000 donation check, which tells me all I need to know about what happened to the $36.4 million he heisted from the then Oakland Raiders nearly two decades ago.

JaMarcus still deserves slaps for his poor work ethic back in the day, and I don’t feel remorse for piling on if these allegations are true.

A FIST BUMP GOES TO…

The local MINI dealership. I’ve never had a car dealership treat me with so much care and respect in my life, and I appreciate everyone that works there. Even Yukino's purchase was a stress free experience that lasted about two hours, plus extra time to install those accessories.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED IN GAMING

I gave my GTA Online character a makeover, but I don’t have screenshots. Moving on…

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

I didn’t lose any weight this week. Monday afternoon featured two highly stressful events that occurred simultaneously, but I only went off the rails for one meal. I’d still consider that a win.

UPDATE: I lost 0.4 pounds after all.

Comments

  1. Keep living the life, my friend!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. not every week has wait loss does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It normally does, but I had a stumble on Monday night.

      Delete

Post a Comment