Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 2, Chapter 4

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND…

Banishment, Part I: I spoke to one of my brother’s “handlers” for lack of a better term, and firmly told them that after traumatizing me twice within three months I want nothing to do with him. Period.

Banishment, Part II?: I enjoy my long phone chats with Sensei, aka the older woman, but I’m getting mixed signals. She genuinely cares for me and tells me my looks check off her boxes, especially my new salt and pepper goatee. However, the best way to describe our situation is that I’m friend zoned but I’m not. 

I have reason to believe the age gap and/or the fact we’ve known each other since forever may be the real issue. My cute, charming personality should induce her to open up and be honest about her feelings and fears. No matter the outcome, I’m 100% certain being Friend Zoned wouldn’t be the worst thing that’s happened to me lately.

WHAT I ATE

A few things I shouldn’t have, which manifested themselves on my Fitbit Aria’s display. Ara ara!

WHAT I BOUGHT

The Porch Gods delivered two bottles of Marie Sharp’s habanero pepper hot sauce because store bought Cholula is like riding a bicycle fitted with training wheels.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

A relatively unknown (outside of Canada) college professor named Rik Emmett, who four decades ago was the guitarist/vocalist of Triumph. Now there’s some good, classic arena rock there.

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • I Can’t Say No To The Lonely Girl, Volume 3
  • I’ve Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level, Volume 13
  • I Have A Crush At Work, Volumes 3 & 4. This one will soon be an anime!

Also from J-Novel Club:

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 1
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 1
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 1 (finished)
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 8
  • From Two-Bit Baddie To Total Heartthrob: This Villainess Will Cross-Dress To Impress!, Volume 2
  • Duchess In The Attic, Volume 1 

WHAT I WATCHED

V-Tuber Legend: How I Went Viral After Forgetting To Turn Off My Stream. I’ll never look at 2D anime girl livestreams on YouTube the same way again after watching this show. You can find a handful of NSFW clips of a highly inebriated “Shuwa-chan” on Crunchyroll’s YouTube channel that are quite entertaining to watch.

WHAT MADE ME HAPPY

The way Sensei is unafraid to bare her soul on most matters. She’s not perfect, nor do I want her to be. 

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

Polyphony Digital, aka the company that makes Gran Turismo 7, hyped a game update roughly a month in advance. It’s not a good look when said update has more bugs than the 1996 film Joe’s Apartment. 

THE FIST BUMP GOES TO…

I’ve got nothing this week. Finally…

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

This week proved that a high stress home environment is no bueno for weight management. I unofficially weighed myself on Friday morning and I gained three pounds! I refuse to beat myself up over this plot twist, but I hope to God this doesn’t happen again next week.

Comments

  1. Be kind to yourself about the three pounds. You have been through a lot this week. I am hoping for you a better week next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm happy to report half of that was water retention. The damage wasn't so bad after all.

      Delete
  2. I hope this is a better week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be or I'm done. All kidding aside, it's almost guaranteed to be better and thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment