Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 2, Chapter 5

 

I unloaded enough baggage for a ten day vacation in yesterday’s post, but I still have a few things to tell y’all. LFG! — Robzilla

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Shrinkage. I took a few measurements and discovered I’m about 3” smaller than I once was. No. Not there! I’m talking about my biceps.

This week, I reflected on my early 20s when I used to study Muscle & Fitness and Ironman magazines like The Bible and weight trained six days a week for ice hockey. I was often the shortest guy on the ice, so I felt it was necessary to get bigger and stronger. With a change in diet and protein shakes, it wasn’t long before I naturally developed 18” to 19” biceps to go along with a broad chest and shoulders. While that’s impressive for someone well under six feet tall, it takes an ungodly, even unhealthy, amount of protein to feed those pythons without a little help from anabolic friends like HGH.

Now that I see veins popping out of my calves, wrists, forearms and biceps due to my weight loss, I’d love to reacquire my “guns”, even a slightly smaller version of them. For protection, of course. This has absolutely nothing to do with attracting Sensei’s or anyone else’s attention, I swear!  *smirks*

WHAT I SIPPED ON A HOT, SUMMER AFTERNOON

A tall boy Stone Delicious IPA. I swapped air fried French fries for steamed veggies with my New York Strip steak last Saturday. The citrus flavored IPA really hit the spot, and since it was my first “real” beer in about a year I had a nice buzz going for about ninety minutes afterward. I now have Suntory -196 vodka seltzer (aka a 6% alcohol version of Strong Zero) stocked in the fridge for this purpose. 

WHAT THE PORCH GODS DELIVERED

This $25 Dreamsky AM/FM/Shortwave portable radio that’s perfect for the kitchen or any small space. The reception is so good it makes me wonder if the telescopic antenna is only for decorative purposes. It came with an AC power cord, and I also bought rechargeable AA batteries and a charger for it.

I also purchased BMW’s MINI version of their Travel & Comfort System for Yuki. She now has a clothes hangar mounted behind the driver’s headrest, which is perfect for when the weather turns cooler. I don’t have to lay my jackets on the passenger’s seat anymore.

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • How To Treat A Lady Knight Right, Volume 6
  • I Want A Gal Gamer To Praise Me!, Volume 2

Sadly, I didn’t open the J-Novel Club app on my tablet this week. I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

WHAT I WATCHED AND LEARNED

While streaming the early episodes of Fate Zero, I learned that Saber was in her former life King Arthur! It’s no wonder she’s so virtuous and popular with otakus and weebs alike. If I’m being honest with myself, I wouldn’t resist if she tried to gallantly sweep me off my feet.

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

Everyone who tanked the market roughly twenty-four hours ago over the latest jobs report. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If you can’t separate your emotions from your money, you have no business investing it. 

The sky didn’t fall yesterday. It presented some good buying opportunities if you’re a long term investor.

A FIST BUMP GOES TO…

The tailor who altered my jeans. She ran a few days late, but the job was still completed in a reasonable amount of time. I will give her more business as I buy more jeans and pants in the near future.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

I told you about my weight loss yesterday, so there’s nothing new to report on that. Now that I see what time it is, I need to go lift so my so called garter snakes can grow. 

I promise to drop by your blogs later today to catch up on things. Later!

Comments