Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 2, Chapter 7

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Dating and acceptance. In the coming weeks I’ll dip my toes into the dating pool. It's time to do something about that long neglected part of my life. Bert is thrilled about this and even recommended a few sites to try. I haven't told Sensei anything. Part of me still wishes to date her and not put myself on display in the online meat market. If only life were that easy...

I told my sister about my plans, and guess what she said? “Whether it’s a man or a woman, I hope they make you happy.” How cool was that little surprise?

WHAT I ATE

A bag of barbecue flavored Doritos. Not the big ones that you can smash in one sitting while watching Netflix, but the ones the deli sells you with a sandwich. I was under a horrific amount of stress midweek, and I needed a little something extra with my soup and salad lunch. 

WHAT I BOUGHT

A second trip to Williams Sonoma yielded upgraded WS kitchen utensils, a set of Epicurean cutting boards, oversized napkins and rings, and two globe ice cube molds that pushed the final total across the $300 threshold. It’s ironic that the Epicurean boards are knife resistant. It’s a Victorinox brand.

I now feel the need to upgrade my kitchen knife game. I want to ditch my Chinese made Henckels for the German made Zwilling Pro ones, so I see a return trip to WS in my near future. Not a full set this time. With my dietary changes, I only use the chef's knife and pairing knife in my current set. 

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Nothing notable this week. Moving on…

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • Life With An Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into A Total Fantasy Knockout, Volume 4
  • The Dazzling Desire Of A Younger Knight (Romance manga)

Also in progress from J-Novel Club…

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 1 (finished)
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 2
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 2
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 8
  • Duchess In The Attic, Volume 1 

WHAT I WATCHED

Nothing notable this week. And now for something that’s become a nuisance with my weight loss…

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

Unavailable women, and by that I mean women with husbands and boyfriends that have no problem, uh, introducing themselves to me for lack of a better term. That includes an attractive woman that almost hit Miku & I with her SUV outside my house. If that wasn't a bad enough first impression, she wanted to give me a hug after we got on more friendly terms but then I spotted quite the wedding set on her ring finger.

Anyway... 

I get it. I’m handsome, strong, confident, assertive, and maybe I emit that “I’m not looking for a commitment” vibe that makes women think I can give them the excitement they’re missing at home. Except I don’t want to be that guy. I deserve to be the antihero of my own rom-com, not the scene stealing villain in someone else’s Lifetime Movie of the Week train wreck of a life. 

Even a bad boy with a good heart should be properly courted. Just sayin’. 

A FIST BUMP GOES TO…

Family members and political figures aren’t eligible, so I’ve got no one this week. Finally…

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

I worked out six days this week. My new routine is Zumba three days a week, and in between those sessions I’ll focus on weight training. I feel this balances my goals to step up my cardio and regain lost muscle mass.

Last week I gained 0.2 lbs but it was all muscle. It might be more of the same when I step on the scale first thing in the morning. 

Comments

  1. I remember a joke about 'what men think women talk about in the restroom. In the first caption they are arguing over whose man is the better lover. In the second caption, titled 'what women really talk about in the restroom' the first is asking what do you prefer, making love or doritos. She asks 'are they BBQ?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment