Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 2, Chapter 6

 

NOTE: I have plans for most of Saturday, so I posted this a day early. — Robzilla.

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Family math. TMM + DR + the dying sister = Fuck Nugget Fiesta. 

While I’m keeping my emotions in check, the rest of the family is trying to drive me insane. Maybe at some point things will calm down in my life, but I have a better chance of winning Powerball before that happens.

On a happier note, I’ll meet up with Sensei for breakfast tomorrow morning. It’s not a date, but I guarantee I’ll get a favorable reaction out of her when she sees my weight loss.

WHAT I ATE

Candied ginger. Sensei advised me it’s good for inflammation, and I can attest my muscles and joints feel so much better the day after a hard workout. I’ve also noticed some other health benefits that I’m too shy to discuss here! Sensei will receive a little playful teasing about this, and I promise to be a gentleman about it.

WHAT I BOUGHT

Yuki, officially. Her title arrived in the mail, so now I’m the hinge in a MINI throuple.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Local radio. I listen to 97.3 The Fan for sports, Sunny 98.1 for greatest hits from the 80s onward, and good ol’ KGB 101.5 for what’s now called classic rock. With these three stations, who needs the extra expense of SiriusXM?

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • The Knight Captain Is The New Princess-to-Be, Volume 4 (final volume)
  • Neighborhood Story, Volume 3 (in progress, will finish this weekend)

Also in progress from J-Novel Club…

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 2
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 2
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 2
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 8
  • From Two-Bit Baddie To Total Heartthrob: This Villainess Will Cross-Dress To Impress!, Volume 2
  • Duchess In The Attic, Volume 1 

WHAT I WATCHED

A lot of anime shows were delayed by a week, and in one case indefinitely. Some of the delays were called "Olympic Breaks", while others may be due to COVID-19 and/or a too ambitious studio that didn’t meet their deadlines. 

WHAT WAS… SHOCKING? FUNNY? BOTH?

When I visited Sprouts Farmers Market, aka Sprouts, earlier in the week I stumbled upon the Men’s health section. Of course, curiosity got the best of me since I’m hitting an age milestone soon. I definitely want to take the best multivitamins for my new age group.

In addition to the multivitamins, I spotted an eye level shelf stocked with amber bottles and squared boxes with labels like… Masculini-T? Okay, I’ll give the company credit for finding a creative way to describe its purpose. And then there was a small white bottle labeled Horny Goat Weed. 

What the hell is that? Asking for my inner Charlotte York Goldenblatt that’s still gobsmacked.

WHAT MADE ME GLOW LIKE A FIREFLY

I’m no longer invisible to the opposite sex. While grocery shopping, a slightly older blonde that didn’t need makeup to look pretty chatted me up while browsing for ice tea. Later that day, I visited my brother for the first time since his hospitalization and noticed at least one middle aged nurse that had their eyes widened and the corners of their lips curled upward when our eyes met. Ara ara!

Please allow me to enjoy this newfound attention until the novelty wears off, okay?

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

Grant Cardone. I had never heard of this flaccid blowhard until he spouted off some nonsense that making $400k a year is embarrassing. He sounds like that one guy we all have in our lives that brags about a certain part of his anatomy, yet never discusses the non-FDA approved methods he uses to become “The Man”.

Remember this truism, y’all. Only Betas advertise themselves as Alphas.

A FIST BUMP GOES TO…

Japanese racer Miki Koyama. In last Saturday’s Super GT race at Fuji Speedway, she drove the wheels off of the slowest car on the grid. I hope some of the better GT300 category teams out there were paying attention. I know Miki made a few mid pack drivers fear for their jobs, y’all.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

I had a minor skin issue unique to people that have experienced a large weight loss, and my Urgent Care visit was an uplifting experience. They were impressed by what I’ve accomplished and now they’re in my corner as I continue my journey. They also had me buy a prescription cream that should make everything better within two weeks.

Obviously I didn’t get a chance to weigh myself so I’ll write about that in the near future. Have a great weekend, y’all!

Comments

  1. I remember when I was in England I had an upset stomach. Someone suggested to me to try nibbling on candied ginger. I bought some, and I found that it really worked. I keep a stash now for when I feel a bit off in the stomach department.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ho! I had forgotten about that health benefit. Yet another reason why I should continue using it.

      Delete
  2. Ginger has a lot of health benefits. TBG sprinkles some in his daily green tea with lemon and honey. We also do eat a lot of ginger. I hope you enjoyed your meet up with your friend and that you're able to stay calm around all of the family drama. Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and oh do I have an interesting post I need to write about yesterday.

      Delete

Post a Comment