That One Time I...

... Followed A Different Set Of Rules Of The Road

If there's one thing I love about owning a couple of MINI Cooper S models, it's that you do things a little differently. It's like owning The Ultimate Driving Machine, except the driver behind the wheel is chill and not an aggressive asshole that pisses everyone off. 

I believe these MINI Rules Of The Road originated in the UK, and I have to admit I enjoy following a handful of them.

  1. I wish I could enjoy this rule, but I'm frequently filled with terror that Miku or Yuki were stolen. Sometimes I can't find them within the sea of oversized SUVs or pickups in the parking lot.
  2. If I wave hello people will think I'm weirder than I already am. I just flash them a friendly smile.
  3. They're named after Hatsune Miku and Yukino Yukinoshita so we're good there.
  4. I love how two MINIs never look alike, and I'm certain Miku and Yuki are the only ones around here with Night Jack mirror caps.
  5. I treat them with ridicule. SUVs have become the new Porsche 911, where the drivers behind the wheel always seem to be compensating for something I won't mention. 
  6. Uh, that's an inaudible horn around these parts.
  7. I'd like to get involved, but I can't commit to anything right now.
  8. That's why I'll start dating again soon. That passenger seat is getting a little dusty.
  9. I love looking outside my kitchen window and seeing Miku and Yuki parked on the curb. Every day means I get to drive at least one of them.
  10. Like the character she's based on, Yuki is an affluent woman that will be greatly offended if we rush to Home Goods instead of Williams Sonoma. As for Miku, she's a fun girl that makes everyone smile at any speed. Both are S models, so they're ready to rally in Sport Mode with the flick of a center console switch.
And today, it's Yuki's turn to be driven.

Comments

  1. My sister has a mini and she loves it. She's on he second one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how it goes. Once you go MINI you never go back. LOL!

      Delete

Post a Comment