That One Time I...

... No Longer Wished I Had The Energy To Do Something

Three years ago I bought Zumba: Burn It Up! for the Nintendo Switch in the hopes that I could use this to get into better shape while looking for work. Sadly, I learned rather quickly that I lacked the fitness level to do more than one low intensity song. It was disappointing, but expected.

Then there's the matter that my home doesn't have AC and at the time also didn't have ceiling fans. Even now, the living room can be quite brutal in August and early September. Especially when my body once carried the equivalent of another human being in body fat.

After yesterday's post, my curiosity got the best of me. I reconnected the Switch to the TV and then charged the joycons controllers that came with it. I'm in much better shape now, and I can last more than one low intensity song. Right? 

Three songs to adjust to the instructors' movements on my screen plus a 15-minute class consisting of four songs later, I got my answer. According to the Fitbit app, I burned 431 calories in 36 minutes. 12 of those minutes were categorized as vigorous activity, something I don't get from the exercise bike or weight training. I'm pretty sure I lost a pound of sweat in the process. I was drenched!

I probably had too much fun with the salsa routines. I loved how they made my lower back and hips limber, and when I copied the moves of the all female instructors on this one number during class I could've pictured a "manly" men requesting me to surrender my Man Card. 

Or maybe he would've kissed me? *giggles*

The best part about today's workout is that I'm NOT exhausted. I'm just sitting here with a smile on my face while sipping my first OWYN PRO Elite plant based protein drink. And once my body has rested a little I'll shower and get on with the rest of my day.

Times are definitely changing around here.

Comments

  1. That is awesome!! I hope my old addiction to working out comes back now that I have started again. It really is a great feeling to watch yourself get stronger and fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and oh yes it is an addiction. I experienced that post workout high not long after I posted this.

      Delete

Post a Comment