Miku's Big (& Almost Disastrous) Day Out

 
This morning, I visited one of the two comics shops in my old 'hood. My friend used to work at both shops, and today I learned she's no longer works on Sundays at the one I didn't visit. 

Miku and I had a good scare when I arrived. I had forgotten that the parking spot curbs at the shop are higher than standard, and guess what happened when I pulled in? Luckily Miku didn't suffer any structural damage, and I used a cleaner to minimize the appearance of her newly acquired scuff marks beneath the right front bumper. Talk about a close call!

I wasn't planning on buying anything, but perhaps I harbored a little guilt for what happened as I entered the store. My old Doctor Who mug that died of old age not long ago was still for sale, and I look forward to sipping either tea or coffee from it after I wash it.

To my delight, I found this cute Qposket figure of Hatsune Miku for sale. The store has finally noticed that many comic geeks and nerds have also become otakus during the past four years. If you're into the more popular shows like Chainsaw Man, My Hero Academia or Naruto, there's a good chance you'll find several items of your favorite characters in stock.

On that note, perhaps Miku and I will visit my friend later this week? I wouldn't mind buying an Artoria Pendragon (Saber) figure for my shelf if she's got one in stock or has the ability to order one.

Comments

  1. Thank heavens no damage. I also wondered if you were still displaying and collecting your figures like Sassy Bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. I still have a few even though display space is scarce compared to the apartment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I checked again yesterday morning and that's all it was. Thank Goodness!

      Delete

Post a Comment