Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 2, Chapter 10

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

The ongoing heat wave. Temperatures could be as high as 100 on Sunday, which means driving Miku in the morning hours with the top down and in Sport Mode is a dicey proposition. This also means Monday’s Zumba classes are canceled unless I want to risk heat exhaustion or worse.

The good news is that at around sunset and afterward I can sit on a chair beside my front porch and give my body a break from the nonstop heat exposure inside the house. I'll also have my tablet with me so I can stream my favorite shows outdoors.

WHAT I'M GOING TO EAT

Del Taco. I require red meat once a week, and I really shouldn’t use either the stove or the oven to cook lunch or dinner during this heat wave. I shall have two crunchy tacos and a medium fries for lunch today, and a Japanese vodka seltzer to wash it all down. I’ve earned it.

WHAT I BOUGHT

You saw the damage to my debit card yesterday. Moving on...

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • High School DxD, Volume 14 
  • Rent-A-Girlfriend, Volume 26
  • We Started A Threesome!! Volume 3 (final volume)
  • Smoking Behind The Supermarket With You, Volume 3

Also from J-Novel Club:

  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 2
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 2
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 8

WHAT I WATCHED

My Raiders 3-DVD box set of their Super Bowl victories, something Bolts fans are unfamiliar with.

I rented The Whale, which should’ve come with a trigger warning. I was never anywhere near 600 pounds but holy shit it brought back some painful memories of what my life could have been if I didn’t change my ways.

I also watched a Shirley Muldowney NHRA documentary on YouTube last night. Forget being the first woman to win a race. Shirley won multiple championships, and long after she retired she remains one of the top five drag racers that ever lived regardless of gender. That’s how great "Cha-Cha" was.

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

Niceholes. Do you know what a nicehole is? Probably not, so pull up a chair and I'll drop some knowledge about this menace on the roadways.

A nicehole is a special kind of asshole that yields the right of way while endangering others on the road. Such as that asshole in front of me that let four cars merge into traffic after the traffic light turned green. While I practiced patience and refrained from using Miku’s horn, I heard multiple sets of tires screech behind me as traffic backed up. Meanwhile, the nicehole drives away believing they just performed their good deed for the day.

Slaps all day, every day for niceholes!

A FIST BUMP GOES TO…

Japan’s Super GT series. Racing’s unwritten rule is “The Show Must Go On”, and I was thrilled they postponed last weekend’s event at Suzuka due to the recent typhoon. The race has been rescheduled for the first weekend in December.

FINALLY… HOW’S MY HEALTH?

I weighed myself Friday, and I’m at 259.0. That’s two pounds I’ve lost in six days. Yay!

In case you missed it, a random fasting blood glucose reading on Tuesday was an 85. Now I don't fear getting my blood work done in less than three weeks.

Comments

  1. I remember watching Shirley Muldowney many times with my Dad. I had totally forgotten about her. Crunchy tacos sound really good right now. I hope you stay cool and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niceholes! Did you make this up? What a great word ! I plan on using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did! I learned it from Reddit of all places.

      Delete

Post a Comment