Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 2, Chapter 11

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Technofuckery. Hey, I invented a word!

My Friday the 13th got off to an ominous start. My scale didn’t sync with my new phone. The MSI laptop’s audio no longer worked due to the latest Windows update. Then the WiFi took a Trump while I attempted to fix these things. Ara, ara!

I also have Sensei on my mind. We had a great talk on the phone the other day and I learned some very interesting things about her in the process. As in maybe she’s not as unavailable as I previously thought.

WHAT I WILL EAT & DRINK

I’m off antibiotics and I don't need to return to Urgent Care. Steak & Suntory Saturday will proceed as scheduled, but this time it’ll be for dinner now that the weather’s back to normal.

WHAT I BOUGHT

A pricey screen protector and a telescoping tripod/selfie stick for the new phone. The latter even has a remote to operate the shutter.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED IN GAMING

My first perfect score in a Zumba routine! I accomplished the feat on Wednesday, and I apparently hit 98% on two other routines during that same workout.

WHAT TECHNO BUTCH THINGS I DID ON FRIDAY THE 13TH

I restored the WiFi network and still got in my Zumba classes before 11am. After two hours of trial and error, I fixed the MSI laptop’s audio problem by myself. I got the scale to sync with my phone after changing a few permissions on the scale’s app.

The moral of this story? 13 really is my number. 

WHAT MAKES ME SCARED AND HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME

I’ve spent quite a bit of money during the past three months, and the fact I don’t have a job worries me a little bit. Then I took a deep breath and realized I still have more money than I did when I retired two years ago. 

Perhaps I’m doing this early retirement thing right after all?

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • Call Of The Night, Volume 17
  • Love’s In Sight!, Volume 8 (final volume)
  • Virgin Love, Volume 4 (final volume)

Love’s In Sight was made into a live action series in Japan a couple of years ago, but I have no idea if it’s available to stream in the States. I’d be interested in watching that.

Also from J-Novel Club:

  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 2
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 2
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 8

WHAT I WATCHED

NFL Thursday Night Football. I only watched the first quarter of the Buffalo Bills - Miami Dolphins game, so thankfully I missed Tua’s second “fencing” pose on live TV.

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

The two idiots, one on Wednesday and the other on Friday, whose terrible driving habits tested both my reflexes and Artoria’s brakes as we searched for a parking spot. My baby didn’t need that, pinche pendejos! Two slaps each.

A FIST BUMP GOES TO…

San Diego Police arrested a 19-year-old in connection with the Hillcrest BB gun attacks that terrorized the LGBTQ+ community on September 7th, and he will be tried for hate crimes. Fuck yeah!

It makes me wonder if he's connected with the ones three months earlier. They're similar in nature from what I read...

FINALLY… HOW’S MY HEALTH?

I gained 1.2 pounds, but it’s no big deal. Most of that weight gain was muscle mass. 

I’ve gotten into the habit of drinking an Owyn plant protein drink after workouts and also eating a ThinkThin high protein bar with lunch. I’ll cut out the latter this week to see how that affects me. 

That's all I got for now. Later today I'll try to work on something that I hope will turn out to be a pleasant surprise for y'all in the coming days.

Comments

  1. I'm sure the slight weight gain is because of muscle so that is awesome. I'm still working on building my strength and I'm trying to get more protein too. It sounds like you're doing well. Enjoy your Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope you're regaining your strength as well. Have a great week!

      Delete

Post a Comment