That One Time I...

... Nearly Melted in Miku's Driver's Seat

Thanks for the kind words y'all, but can we talk about the weather for a bit?

The blistering hot weather I thought we avoided on Labor Day Weekend showed up a week tardy. I'm currently under a Heat Advisory or Warning, depending on which part of the city I'm in. 

I took Miku for a topless drive to Sprouts for eggs, fresh veggies and protein drinks, and... I don't think I'm going to do that again until midweek. When we were driving at speed, the wind in my hair felt glorious. When we were at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green? I sat there baking in the sun as I awaited The Prince of Darkness to wish me a good morning.

Those temperatures don't tell the full story. Last night was so humid that despite going to bed at eleven I couldn't fall into a deep sleep until after three o'clock. It didn't matter if I used a ceiling fan or a pedestal fan. The former was ineffective, and the latter was nearly useless when there was no wind outside my window. 

I suspect Saturday night will be a sleepless one for this very reason. *sigh*

Comments

  1. Yep, 106 here today with temps "falling" to the upper 70s tonight! The advisory here is same thing until MONDAY!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read it's going to be 100 on Sunday where I live. Holy hell!

      Delete

Post a Comment