Monday Night Musings

Rather than wait until Thorsday Eve, I'll let y'all know what's up with me...

I've decided I had a nasty head cold, which is not uncommon after this year's flu shot. I didn't help matters during the past couple of weeks when I added in a sprinkling of sleep deprivation, stress, and overexertion to the mix. While my cold symptoms are subsiding, my body still needs rest to completely recover. It's safe to say I won't exercise this week. I think it would be foolish if I did.

***

Today was Poop Hammock Day, named for that because I don't trust the biodegradable paper that came with the fecal immunochemical test (FIT) kit that arrived this weekend. The sample is off to the lab, and hopefully my rear will be clear for another year. If I test positive, then it's colonoscopy time to see if it's a false alarm or the real deal.

FYI my health care provider feels this annual check is appropriate for average risk individuals.

***

I'm itching to take either Miku or Artoria for a nice cruise into our back country. Assuming I'm feeling well enough to leave the house for an extended period of time, I just might go somewhere later this week. With everyone working and the roads clear, it would make for an exciting three to four hour getaway that would feature lunch.

If I head out the door with a duffel bag of "in case" clothes and toiletries, I hope I remember to take some pictures along the way to share with y'all!

Comments

  1. Glad to read your rear business in done. Hope all checks out well. I just got my latest covid shot in addition to six other pricks a few weeks ago for my upcoming trip. I have yet ever to get a flu shot though, and it was 2017 when last a even had a bad cold.

    I swear it's the gin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my Covid shot and flu shot together, and I felt like crap the next day. I hope you do get to go on a mini road trip and I hope you share the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment