Reborn As An Early Retiree, I Now Wander America’s Costliest City: Volume 3, Chapter 2

 

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

Financial matters. I have an upcoming meeting with my financial advisor, but I expect it to be a cordial one. My money is about the same as it was six months ago despite buying two MINIs, and I will discuss the possibility of paying for my own plastic surgery to remove excess skin if my insurance won’t cover the tab for whatever reason.

WHAT I ATE

A chicken bacon ranch pizza. Not one of those veggie crust pies. The real deal, and it was scrumptious.

WHAT I BOUGHT

The Bowflex dumbbells I picked up on Friday were about $465 dollars, and I’ll use them for an arms workout this morning. I’ll also buy the $180 stand for them in the coming days.

I also bought two San Diego Padres jerseys on Wednesday. More on that later.

WHAT SACRED TEXTS I READ

  • Shikimori’s Not Just A Cutie, Volume 18
  • How Do I Turn My Best Friend Into My Girlfriend?, Volume 2
  • I Have A Crush At Work, Volume 6

Also in progress from J-Novel Club…

  • The Royal Hostage Has Vanished: The Black Wolf Yearns For The Persecuted Princess, Volume 2
  • The Hero And The Sage: Reincarnated And Engaged, Volume 2
  • The Poison King: Now That I’ve Gained Ultimate Power, The Bewitching Beauties In My Harem Can’t Get Enough Of Me, Volume 2
  • An Introvert’s Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels For Me!, Volume 9 (Not started yet)
  • Duchess In The Attic, Volume 2 

WHAT I WILL BE WATCHING TONIGHT

The Bathurst 1000 is today! At around 5pm PST or so the green flag will fly, and the event usually runs about six hours or so. I want Cam Waters/James Moffitt to win, and Cam will start the race second on the grid.

The legendary Craig Lowndes is paired this year with Cooper Murray, a youngster that looks like a future star. Could Lowndsie win his record eighth Bathurst race? I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened. Even at age 50 and as a part timer, he’s still a remarkable racer.

WELCOME TO SLAPSVILLE…

I don’t have any candidates this week. Moving on…

A FIST BUMP GOES TO…

The San Diego Padres. They forgot how to score runs after Game 3, but I have to give them props for making me fall in love with them again. I’d love to attend a game in 2025, whether it’s with friends or on a date.

During this off season, I’m going to wear my Manny Machado “City Connect” jersey with a t-shirt beneath it every so often. Us dashing villains that rock a 13 gotta stick together! I also have an unnumbered home jersey I can wear, too.

WHAT’S UP WITH MY HEALTH

Although I didn’t exercise for a full week, I only gained 0.8 pounds. Over half of that was muscle. I’m at 258.6, which is surprising. I also resumed workouts yesterday, so I’ll call this week a win.

Comments

  1. My financial advisor, who is a nice person, keeps telling me to keep going - to an end I don't know.
    As for the Padres, bunch of bums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure mine will be happy that I'm likely to return to work once my weight loss and surgeries are complete. Yes, the Padres were bums for a few games but I still love them.

      Delete
  2. I dropped my gin when I saw $465 dollars for dumbbells!!!!!!! Holy christ!!!! That would be my trip up to NYC and back...gin tab and tips to slip into a go-go boys g string for the weekend total!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only costs that much to travel? Shit, I need to start planning to go places with my MINIs.

      Delete

Post a Comment